Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light sided Sith

DarthPunitor
04.25.2012 , 01:09 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Clonedzero View Post
and a lightside sith can draw on more than hatred and anger for his power...so i dont see where you're getting this whole "lightside sith will always be weaker than darkside sith" thing from. who says a lightside sith can only tap into the darkside? couldn't he tap into the lightside as well? revan did it. plenty of others have as well. you're just making things up to justify being pure darkside
Exactly, but he cant access the higher tiers of power from being pure light side or pure darkside, thereby limiting himself to mediocre power.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh- -The Tai Legacy- -Subutai - Punitor - Machiavelli - Davikk - Orda- Guild Website - Sister Guild Site

DarthPunitor
04.25.2012 , 01:10 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Rhyltan whenever you post I feel like shaking your hand because on these forums it seems that people don't know much about the sith and on how dark side/ light side powers work. The LS sith characters still using dark side powers is simple gameplay mechanics if canon had its way and if you are on the light side most of your dark side force powers would end up hurting you or outright not working and vice versa. For a DS user trying to attempt LS force powers they would not work.

Heck the description of force rage says that if the person using it is not attuned to the dark side like dark side rank 1-5 the force power could end up hurting their connection to the force or hurt them physically. If this happend a lot of LS sith warriors would be in pain majority of the time. Don't even get me started on SI DS force powers.
^^ This
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh- -The Tai Legacy- -Subutai - Punitor - Machiavelli - Davikk - Orda- Guild Website - Sister Guild Site

Wolfpax
04.25.2012 , 01:15 PM | #73
My smuggler is not light or dark... he right inbetween and thats hard to do... light side sith.. will heck, just remember of that sith.... oh whats his name.... you know help the 2 jedis out at that one point in time.... oh will lol he was not really darkside.. but he wasnt pure light as will.... but its a good start of an idea
There is no try....... there's do and royalty miss up and your royalty missing up - Emperor to Darth Vader

Guildrum
04.25.2012 , 01:20 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
Exactly, but he cant access the higher tiers of power from being pure light side or pure darkside, thereby limiting himself to mediocre power.
Not necessarily. That's a "grey" force user.

Dark Sith = Drawing on hatred, rage and other negative emotions
Light Sith = Drawing on compassion, mercy, and other positive emotions
Light Jedi = Successfully suppressing emotion to remain objectivity
Dark Jedi = Failed to, or at least was taught to, suppress emotion, and failed.

That's how I've always thought of it anyways, seems to be the most supported by SW lore so...
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Velaran
04.25.2012 , 01:41 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post

That's how I've always thought of it anyways, seems to be the most supported by SW lore so...
This, pretty much.

DarthPunitor
04.25.2012 , 02:35 PM | #76

Yes, but those emotions do not give you nearly as much access to the darkside as pure dark sith have access to. It is also not as strong as pure light jedi, therefore light sith are weaker than both. Not sure why i have to keep repeating myself for you guys. This isn't even that controversial.

Rhyltran
04.25.2012 , 03:04 PM | #77

Drawing on positive emotions don't allow you to use dark side abilities. Dark Side abilities are drawn on by negative emotion. You need to channel your hatred to use Force Lightning. As I said, if the Light Side story is Canon the Sith in question wouldn't be spamming dark side abilities. There's several points where you can actually tell the other Sith to teach the use of the Light Side of the force and you pretty much embrace the Jedi Code. You can quote sections of it in your story.

Velaran
04.25.2012 , 03:11 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Drawing on positive emotions don't allow you to use dark side abilities. Dark Side abilities are drawn on by negative emotion. You need to channel your hatred to use Force Lightning. As I said, if the Light Side story is Canon the Sith in question wouldn't be spamming dark side abilities. There's several points where you can actually tell the other Sith to teach the use of the Light Side of the force and you pretty much embrace the Jedi Code. You can quote sections of it in your story.
In the Plagueis novel Plagueis himself says that Jedi, using only "good" emotions, can use Force Lightning. Plagueis also says that it's not as powerful as the Dark Side version, but that may just be a Sith being Sithy.

YMMV.

DarthPunitor
04.25.2012 , 03:12 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Thank you. In the Darth Bane series, Bane had to kill 2 children in front of their father's eyes to sustain himself when severly wounded (the father's pain gave him strength). A pure light jedi could have healed himself, but the gray light sith would not be able to draw strength from this act, thereby dying due to his weakness. There are many examples supporting this view, and if we seriously have to debate something as obvious as light sith being weaker than dark sith then we will never be able to have any form of substantitive debate. I wish we could move past this and discuss far more interesting star wars philosophy, like the effectiveness of the rule of two. In the meantime i will enjoy killing scrub jedi and light sith in pvp.

VanorDM
04.25.2012 , 03:18 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
Yes, but those emotions do not give you nearly as much access to the darkside as pure dark sith have access to.
And where exactly is that written in the lore? You keep claiming it's true, but I haven't seen much to back it up.

But then again you don't seem to feel you need anything like evidence or sources from the lore, your opinion is enough.