Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter on Belsavis...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Bounty Hunter on Belsavis...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Halvhir
04.24.2012 , 09:34 AM | #1
I've had gripes with the lack of context-sensitive dialogue options before... when I leveled my Operative, I was constantly amused by stealthing up and sneaking to the back of caves without killing anything, only to be dropped into a conversation about how I had slaughtered my way to the end. But this is the first time I've had a question pull me COMPLETELY out of the game.

Towards the end of the BH storyline on Belsavis, you end up killing your target and rescuing the remnants of Operations Group One, some Sith and their buddies. The guy you're talking to asks if you know whether the Empire managed to free the Dread Masters.

Now, I JUST CAME FROM THERE. I freed them, myself, thumbing my nose at them in the process and reporting my success to Imperial Command. However, my responses are literally "I don't know", "I doubt it" and "Isn't that your job?" I can't take credit for doing this guy's job for him, or let him know he can head home, or anything.

What the balls.
... but, you know, whatever.

iamthehoyden
04.24.2012 , 01:40 PM | #2
That bugged me too. Really wanted to say "As a matter of fact....."
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Captain_Zone
04.24.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3
Hopefully they fix that dialogue soon, in fact. Personally, I went and did the Class mission first, but I could see how this would be a deal breaker.

There is also a problem with the SW dialogue on Belsavis for those who went DS and either killed Karr or had Jaesa do it.

I'm now wondering how many Dev teams this game has. A LOT of inconsistencies going on with both Dialogue options and the type and amount of Instanced missions. Two nearly identical missions, and only one of them is Instanced... WTH is up with that?
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Karkais
04.25.2012 , 07:13 AM | #4
Yep I had this same thing happen to me. Recently I had the same thing happen to me on Hoth, after the mission where you kill the leaders of the exchange. You get a followup mission to go to "loramarr" where you can get a piece of high tech droid hardware. I skipped the loramarr part, but after I finished chapter 2 I got mail that implied that I had actually finished the Loramarr mission even though I hadnt. Oh well, free rewards are nice.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

RandyBegel
04.25.2012 , 12:33 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I'll look into this. There are alternate lines that should be available if you've

Spoiler

I suspect that it may be checking to see if you've completed the quest to give you those lines, but if you haven't turned the quest in those checks would fail.

iamthehoyden
04.25.2012 , 03:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RandyBegel View Post
I'll look into this. There are alternate lines that should be available if you've

Spoiler

I suspect that it may be checking to see if you've completed the quest to give you those lines, but if you haven't turned the quest in those checks would fail.
From my faulty memory, I'd say that that's probably the case. Those two quests finish near each other and in the back end of nowhere so you're probably not going to be running back to hand in the one before finishing up the other.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Karkais
04.25.2012 , 05:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RandyBegel View Post
I suspect that it may be checking to see if you've completed the quest to give you those lines, but if you haven't turned the quest in those checks would fail.[/color]
edit: nevermind, you are correct. I distinctly remember that being the case for me.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

enthrop
04.26.2012 , 01:31 PM | #8
I actually just did this quest this past Saturday/Sunday, and remember thinking the exact same thing! The two quests are in the same area, so it's logical to do one (eg free the Dread Masters) and then do the other (eg your class quest). That's the order I did it in - but there's no reason I would have gone back to town to turn in the Dread Masters first, then to trek back out to do the class quest. So I hadn't turned in the final Dread Masters quest... and I too was bummed when my dialogue option didn't present anything about freeing the Dread Masters.

I just presumed it was because I hadn't actually turned in that quest. Completed, but not turned in.

Haratu
04.27.2012 , 01:02 AM | #9
I did the BH quest 2 days ago I left the conversation by pressing esc as soon as he asked me about dread masters. i went and handed in quest then came back to talk to him again. I got a new dialogue option, but despite my honest replies, he shrugged me off as if I was a nobody.

Either this is a pointless exercise, or i pressed the wrong thing.

RandyBegel
04.27.2012 , 01:54 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Haratu View Post
I got a new dialogue option, but despite my honest replies, he shrugged me off as if I was a nobody.
We are talking about a Sith Lord. Besides, he was a little preoccupied. And a bit of a jerk.

Quote: Originally Posted by Haratu View Post
Either this is a pointless exercise, or i pressed the wrong thing.
It's more a matter of internal consistency in your story than divergent game play. I wouldn't recommend anyone going out of your way to meet the criteria as it's currently implemented unless that's important to you. Thanks for checking it out regardless, it shows the checks are working, just not ideal for the quest flow since it encourages doing both quests in one go.

I've filed a bug, and hopefully there's a simple solution that will get it working without any player gymnastics.

Thanks all.