Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

APAC character transfer: what to expect

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
APAC character transfer: what to expect

StephenReid
04.24.2012 , 05:27 PM | #1
Hey everyone on the other side of the world! The character transfer process has started for those of you who were eligible for inclusion. I wanted to give you a heads-up on what to expect during this process and a few more details.

As previously mentioned, this is the first version of our character transfer process, and it is mostly conducted manually. This means that the process will take a little while. We're proceeding carefully, monitoring the process as we transfer batches of characters. We're transferring people based on when they initially signed up for character transfer (after the page went live on April 17th), which means if you filled out the form early, the chances are you'll get transferred a little earlier, too. Please don't ask for an estimation on when you'll be transferred; as we stated at the beginning of the process, it'll take up to a week for all transfers to complete (but we're hoping less than that).

The transfer process has to occur when the servers are online, and we're doing it during office hours here in Austin. That translates to very late at night/early mornings for Australia and New Zealand (apologies to other timezones, they're the two I know sort-of-off-hand!). Here's what happens from your perspective as a player:

- If you are in-game when the transfer process starts for your character(s) then you will be disconnected from the server. You will receive an error message that's tagged as 'Error Code 6'. If this happens, it's time to take a break from the game for a while!

- If you are not in-game, you may attempt to login and find you are unable to.

- In either case, you will not be able to login to the characters you are transferring while the transfer is taking place, or create new characters on that origin server. You can create or play characters on other servers if you wish.

- The transfer process can take up to three hours, but should generally take less.

- After your transfer is complete, you will log back into the game and should find that your transferred characters are no longer listed on your character select screen. That's a good sign! You should then back out of character select and go back to server selection.

- At the bottom of the server selection screen, click the Asia Pacific tab. Select the server or servers you elected to transfer characters to; you should find them waiting for you.

- As described in my previous post, you may need to rename your characters. Please refer to that post for (hopefully) all the info you need.

- If you are still unable to login and find your transferred characters over three hours after the process intiated as described above, please contact Customer Service for assistance.

That's it! If you still have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread. I'd also ask you to review the existing FAQ as well as my previous post about renaming characters.

jewjitsu
04.25.2012 , 12:36 AM | #2
Ok so you tell us if we have not recieved our email/cant access the transfer page to contact customer support!
what if this was done 5 days ago without a response? do we sit here hoping someone will contact us? assume they never recieved our question? or just start fresh and forget all the toons we made on the US servers?

<Aussie>

ChuangTzu
04.25.2012 , 01:52 AM | #3
What if we submitted the form for transfer and all toons now have 'do not transfer' next to them?

Yes I have submitted the CS form on this website but have had no response yet.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

tkinnunzero
04.25.2012 , 06:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
The transfer process has to occur when the servers are online, and we're doing it during office hours here in Austin. That translates to very late at night/early mornings for Australia and New Zealand (apologies to other timezones, they're the two I know sort-of-off-hand!).
You know, you should get those clocks that show the local time at various capitals around the world that they have at airports

Wagnus
04.25.2012 , 07:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tkinnunzero View Post
You know, you should get those clocks that show the local time at various capitals around the world that they have at airports
Windows 7 desktop clock gadgets! I can't get through my day without them

moowart
04.25.2012 , 09:19 AM | #6
Thankyou for this thread i woulda freaked when I first dced and saw error 6 .. but I think error 9000 has to be added to this list. There are 2 of us who have this msg atm ..

Its ok being patient and singing kumbayah whist renewing faith in the developers ..
If I have offended you with my opinion, you should hear the ones I keep to myself!

Zornstein
04.25.2012 , 09:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
What if we submitted the form for transfer and all toons now have 'do not transfer' next to them?

Yes I have submitted the CS form on this website but have had no response yet.
Same problem, as with a good few on the Oceanic Swtor facebook group.

I set them all up, made sure I confirmed the setup but yet now they're all set as do not transfer with no option to change nor to confirm anything.

Also submitted CS form with no reply as of yet (since yesterday).

Spaj
04.25.2012 , 02:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zornstein View Post
Same problem, as with a good few on the Oceanic Swtor facebook group.

I set them all up, made sure I confirmed the setup but yet now they're all set as do not transfer with no option to change nor to confirm anything.

Also submitted CS form with no reply as of yet (since yesterday).
The form was quite long and after pressing the confirm/make it so/go!/ok button, the confirmation all went well was at the top of the form. But the form did not reset itself to the top of the page. It stayed scrolled to the bottom.

Mine failed first off as i did not have the needed slots at destination, so none of my selections were saved. Once i had made room it worked. But again it was by fluke i found the first message and knew to check the top the next time round.

John_Matrix
04.25.2012 , 04:05 PM | #9
2 out of 3 of my flagged characters have transferred, one has been left behind on Swiftsure even though he was flagged for the transfer to the PvP server under my account info.

StephenReid
04.25.2012 , 04:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jewjitsu View Post
Ok so you tell us if we have not recieved our email/cant access the transfer page to contact customer support!
what if this was done 5 days ago without a response? do we sit here hoping someone will contact us?
Obviously, if you've contacted Customer Service, I'd wait for a response. You can raise a different ticket with them if you wish.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zornstein View Post
I've raised that as a potential issue with the web and server teams, but I'd suggest you send a ticket into Customer Service as well. At this point as the character transfer process has started, you will not be able to alter anything on the web page, but we'll look into the issue you described.

Anyone else who's experiencing issues, please submit a ticket to Customer Service. We have to deal with account level issues on an individual basis.