Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Music] Constant music option / loop please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Music] Constant music option / loop please
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

llesna
04.25.2012 , 04:15 AM | #1
Dear devs,

Whenever I play SWTOR, I like to have music on all the time. As such, I have to turn off the music in-game as it frequently drops out and stops for extended periods of time, leaving me only with music for a fraction of my game time.

For players like myself, we want music to be playing at all times.

The music can still fit to the situation, such as combat, exploring etc., but it shouldn't fade into nothingness.

Please implement an option in-game to keep music on at all times, wherever you are.

Kind regards
llesna

Teraskas
04.25.2012 , 04:21 AM | #2
I completely agree, and quite frankly this is my biggest gripe with the game atm. :/
Makes me think back of the SWG days.
Yes, there were moments when no music was played, but most of the time there was.
However, the abscence of music was never as drastic as TOR's.
Music really adds to the immersion value, and I would love to see some change to this.
8 Year SWG Veteran
Shadowfire server

llesna
04.25.2012 , 07:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Teraskas View Post
I completely agree, and quite frankly this is my biggest gripe with the game atm. :/
Makes me think back of the SWG days.
Yes, there were moments when no music was played, but most of the time there was.
However, the abscence of music was never as drastic as TOR's.
Music really adds to the immersion value, and I would love to see some change to this.
Indeed. I often found that the music dropped out for whole sections of maps for the entire time I was there. It's like watching a Star Wars movie without any backing music!

Stenrik
04.25.2012 , 07:21 AM | #4
Yeah there's something kind of depressing about hearing your character's footfalls and nothing else (except maybe a few ambient sounds like wind).

llesna
04.25.2012 , 08:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
Yeah there's something kind of depressing about hearing your character's footfalls and nothing else (except maybe a few ambient sounds like wind).
Or the hum of your speeder, especially on the fleet :\

CAMELOTCRUSADE
04.25.2012 , 01:39 PM | #6
I would really, really like this. Flashpoints in particular are so vanilla without the stirring music. I hate when it goes away and won't come back until the next boss fight. Sometimes that's a loooong time.

llesna
04.26.2012 , 01:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CAMELOTCRUSADE View Post
I would really, really like this. Flashpoints in particular are so vanilla without the stirring music. I hate when it goes away and won't come back until the next boss fight. Sometimes that's a loooong time.
Definitely. The silence is deafening, so to speak.

Iamkills
04.29.2012 , 12:02 AM | #8
i don't know why this is in the suggestion forum , they need to bring this into the light ASAP why doesn't the ingame music play all the time im questing on alderaan and all i hear is footsteps this thread should not leave the front page we mean business.

llesna
04.29.2012 , 03:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Iamkills View Post
i don't know why this is in the suggestion forum , they need to bring this into the light ASAP why doesn't the ingame music play all the time im questing on alderaan and all i hear is footsteps this thread should not leave the front page we mean business.
Thanks for your support there

Gaj-Craeez
05.07.2012 , 11:00 AM | #10
Endorsed!(if a hypothetical endorse button would exist ) please bioware, ea, lucasarts and dear devs make this a reality