Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need a way to change advanced classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Need a way to change advanced classes

hchsiao
04.24.2012 , 08:47 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by mcburly View Post
Seriously..... A change like this would be a pretty big "eff you" to the people that leveled both advanced classes of a base class. I can tell you this, there are quite a few of them as well.
I dunno about other but I dont' think it is "eff you" to me. (I have lv 50 sage, lv 50 shadow, lv 37 sentienl, lv 20 guardian on same server.) I play them cus I like to try them and I enjoy the quest lines.

mcburly
04.24.2012 , 08:50 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by hchsiao View Post
I dunno about other but I dont' think it is "eff you" to me. (I have lv 50 sage, lv 50 shadow, lv 37 sentienl, lv 20 guardian on same server.) I play them cus I like to try them and I enjoy the quest lines.
right. and i have a marauder and a juggernaut at level 50. allowing advanced classes to respec would make one of those characters completely useless. I dont have a ton of time to play this game and would not appreciate a change that makes the amount of time it took to level my character a waste.
Marauder epicness

LoKiei
04.24.2012 , 08:54 PM | #113
I agree that it is almost pointless to play the story over again since the decisions you make don't have that big of an effect.

I think there should be a significant XP increase(double or tripple) for people who want to level the same main class with a different advanced class.

mcburly
04.24.2012 , 08:56 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post
I agree that it is almost pointless to play the story over again since the decisions you make don't have that big of an effect.

I think there should be a significant XP increase(double or tripple) for people who want to level the same main class with a different advanced class.
see I think this would be a better alternative than allowing a respec of your class.
Marauder epicness

JohunMorlish
04.24.2012 , 09:07 PM | #115
I just skimmed through all the posts in this thread and I am surprised no one mentioned SWG. Not only could you respec your skills but also your profession. If you had the credits.
The Koth Legacy
Sorgos Koth - Jedi Sage
"Munire morem, non stare"
"Building a tradition, not resting upon one"

ZORG
04.24.2012 , 09:24 PM | #116
Dude once you pick an AC you should stick with it. Now I could see BW making a TRAINING quest That takes you through various mechanics of each AC. Then after doing both tanking and dps during this quest you can decide. Honestly the window that pops up with descriptions of each class should be enough to choose... How about going to fleet and asking a Sentinal and Guardian about there class and what the pros and cons are for PVP and PVE? Its not rocket science.....
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

Avrid
04.24.2012 , 09:40 PM | #117
they should not put in a way to change advanced classes. your advanced class choice is one of the few choices that actually mean something. That is something that Bioware said they wanted in game. choices to mean something.
Not only that but the whole 2 part talking to npcs about your advanced class they very clearly tell you you cannot undo the choice

MWidowmaker
04.24.2012 , 09:42 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosdefined View Post
Knew someone would come out with this argument, as if it was remotely the same.

Think up something more relevant would you?

Your AC isn't that different to your base class, just a new skill tree and extra abilities. I mean you can even level up to 50 without ever choosing one, which just goes to show there's not a huge amount of difference in what you get once you choose one.
uh yeah, so what you are saying is that a Sith Assason is the same as a Sith Sorceror just with a few different abilities......riiiiiiiight

hchsiao
04.24.2012 , 09:46 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by JohunMorlish View Post
I just skimmed through all the posts in this thread and I am surprised no one mentioned SWG. Not only could you respec your skills but also your profession. If you had the credits.
You need to skimmed it again since I did say you can do that in swg before CU. However lets not forgot SWG and UO weren't level based game back than. (It is skill level system instead character level.)

Not to mention once you drop your advance class or base class in SWG, you are basicly start over again. (which is the same as level new toon in character level based game.) What people want is retain the lv 50 toon without go throught lv 1 to 50 again. (Which never be the case in SWG as well. You had to go through leveling progress if you drop master BH and want to change to master commando)

Zocat
04.24.2012 , 10:47 PM | #120
I would instantly exchange my Guardian for a Sentinel. Armor type is not a problem (just pull out the mods^^).

But I can live without the option.