Reverse Engineering Campaign Gear

cshouston

Has anyone tried yet?

I'm an Armormech at the moment. I moved the mods out of my campaign chestpiece into an augmented orange piece. When I toggled reverse engineering, I noticed that I was unable to click on the campaign gear. On the suggestion of a guild mate, I tossed a random armoring that dropped during dailies into the piece. At that point, I was able to RE the item. I took a shot of whisky, crossed my fingers, and went for it.

Yep. Didn't learn anything.

I'm wondering whether or not you absolutely need the Campaign armoring in the gear for it to be learned, or if anyone else has had better luck and can confirm that this method works. Considering troopers don't look half bad in this tier of gear, I'm a little bitter that I've gone back to looking like I rolled out of a gutter.

You can't currently RE with no mods in it.

I took my campaign pants and put cheap 1k green mods in it, RE'd got lucky and learned the pattern. Best of luck.

Did you get an orange schematic? Purple? Was it BOE or BOP? If you could link us a screenshot, that would be great!

For Armormech/Synthweaving, you learn an empty shell, though it's purple instead of orange.

Screenshot. Shows:

1) the prohibitively-expensive cost to craft

2) that the resulting item is BoE

3) that the resulting item can be crit-crafted for an augment slot

Wow, that's awesome! I have a couple questions..

1) How many RE tries did it take to get the schematic?

2) where did you get the original piece?

3) did you RE a shell, or were the armoring,mod, and enhancement in there?

3a) were the original armoring,mod, and enhancement in there when you RE'd?

Thanks

Edited by Mozivicus

1) How many RE tries did it take to get the schematic?

2) where did you get the original piece?

3) did you RE a shell, or were the armoring,mod, and enhancement in there?

3a) were the original armoring,mod, and enhancement in there when you RE'd?

1) First try. I got lucky, my Assassin friend got less lucky on his 1 attempt.

2) Campaign Gloves drop off 3rd boss in HM EC

3) RE'd a shell with a low-level armoring added (as you can't RE without an armoring)

3a) Original armoring/mod/enh were thrown into an orange glove-piece that I was wearing until my crafted piece finished (yay for crit on 1st craft).

You can't currently RE with no mods in it.

I took my campaign pants and put cheap 1k green mods in it, RE'd got lucky and learned the pattern. Best of luck.

So the guy who took a shot of Whiskey was NOT successful, gotta ask what you drank first :D

Do we think this is still a 20% (1/5) chance or probably less?

Barumar

Didnt Bioware say somewhere that if you "Disassemble" any campaign gear you would automatically learn the schematic.

So as long as everyone is trusted..... DONT use Masterloot if you plan on learning schematics.

Obviously you probably wouldnt do this on modded items. But wrists/belts be a good idea.

But if the gear isnt of much use to you AND you want to learn the schematics.. this is the best option.

Didnt Bioware say somewhere that if you "Disassemble" any campaign gear you would automatically learn the schematic.

So as long as everyone is trusted..... DONT use Masterloot if you plan on learning schematics.

Obviously you probably wouldnt do this on modded items. But wrists/belts be a good idea.

But if the gear isnt of much use to you AND you want to learn the schematics.. this is the best option.

Except Campaign drops are tokens not gear.