Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball update for Dev's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball update for Dev's

Skjoldr
12.17.2011 , 07:53 AM | #1
Yesterday we were participating in various pvp ventures and during Huttball we found some very specific things that we wanted to bring up.

During the game a player gets a medal for completing xx thing. For example, doing 10k damage gets you a medal, 25k damage gets you a Soldier medal I think, Assassin is solo kill. Things like this. We were testing the actual mechanics using throw and seeing the various ways to move the ball down the field. I scored 3 times and passed the ball twice to someone who stepped across the score line within 3 seconds. None of those contributed anything to my score as far as I could tell. I had [3 kills and 2 deaths](intentionally), we wanted a very low score from killing to see what would happen.

Results: Our team won. I had 3 scores, 2 score line passes, 6,100ish exp, less com's and money too. My "guard" has 8kish exp more com's and so forth.

I just wanted to bring this up to see if this is by design or a switch not turned on. Thanks for your time.

tomkek
12.17.2011 , 08:07 AM | #2
Yeah, would be great if some Huttball scoring also awarded medals.
Adelaide Hand of Blood Commando Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

Skjoldr
12.17.2011 , 08:24 AM | #3
Totally agreed. I just assumed you got points back in beta. Never really checked it until now.

Sinsavz
12.17.2011 , 08:35 AM | #4
It's so that one person doesn't just try to "hog" the ball and score repeatedly by himself, I guess.

Raekwon
12.17.2011 , 08:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinsavz View Post
It's so that one person doesn't just try to "hog" the ball and score repeatedly by himself, I guess.
Xp and credit rewards are based off level. Wz comms are based off how many medals you earn. I believe its 5 wz comms per medal.

You can get medals by
Doing damage 3-4 medals for different ammounts of damage
Guarding allies 3-4 depending on ammount of protection
Healing allies 3-4 medals depending on ammount of heals
Death blow
solo kill
defender points 1k
There's more im sure
Quote:
Luke, Your father wanted you to have this when you were older. It's the weapon of a Jedi Knight, a lightsaber. He and 15 other brave Jedi Knights raided the evil Count Dooku's hidden base and defeated him in 16 on 1 combat 4 nights a week for three months until it finally fell out of Dooku's pocket.

Jaien
12.17.2011 , 08:58 AM | #6
You probably never checked untill you scored. Did you score in beta?

Cause I noticed when I played hutball. But it wasn't until I actually scored with the huttball which contributed to a win was when I looked at the scoreboard and found no reward =(.

Sinsavz
12.17.2011 , 09:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Xp and credit rewards are based off level. Wz comms are based off how many medals you earn. I believe its 5 wz comms per medal.

You can get medals by
Doing damage 3-4 medals for different ammounts of damage
Guarding allies 3-4 depending on ammount of protection
Healing allies 3-4 medals depending on ammount of heals
Death blow
solo kill
defender points 1k
There's more im sure
Did you mean to quote me? Cus I know that stuff and it has nothing to do with what I said.

tomkek
12.17.2011 , 09:13 AM | #8
Afaik the only objective based medals in Huttball are for defending the carrier and killing the enemy carrier.
Adelaide Hand of Blood Commando Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

Raekwon
12.17.2011 , 09:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinsavz View Post
Did you mean to quote me? Cus I know that stuff and it has nothing to do with what I said.
I thought I quoted the op, my b
Quote:
Luke, Your father wanted you to have this when you were older. It's the weapon of a Jedi Knight, a lightsaber. He and 15 other brave Jedi Knights raided the evil Count Dooku's hidden base and defeated him in 16 on 1 combat 4 nights a week for three months until it finally fell out of Dooku's pocket.

Skjoldr
12.17.2011 , 08:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaien View Post
You probably never checked untill you scored. Did you score in beta?

Cause I noticed when I played hutball. But it wasn't until I actually scored with the huttball which contributed to a win was when I looked at the scoreboard and found no reward =(.
This is the most likely scenario. I never really looked in Beta. Well that is interesting.