Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Datacrons and Platforming: Help?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Datacrons and Platforming: Help?

12.17.2011 , 01:44 AM | #1
Since I have no idea where to put this (and General Discussion is rampant with the usual threads that have existed for past couple of weeks), I decided this is the best place to put this.

Anyways, I have a question.

Is there any way to make the tedious platforming for a lot of Datacrons... less troublesome? I'm sure its fine for a lot of people, but coming from a person that suffers from multiple sclerosis, I've found myself having to just ignore the ones that require a lot of platforming.

I have found myself wasting an hour or two trying to get 'one' datacron. That eventually I just say its not worth it and maybe try again later.

More so, does anyone have any tips as far as, avoiding falling, and landing correctly on pipes and other odd objects. It's more so the jumping on the pipes and things that I find myself messing up: falling through them by missing that sweet spot by a centimeter. Example: Pretty much all the Coruscant ones, minus the Presence one.

And yes, I realize they are supposed to be kinda hard to get. Hence, why I am asking for tips.

Helpful tips are appreciated, and I hope everyone is enjoying SWTOR.

12.17.2011 , 07:53 AM | #2
I did the one with the pipes in the Black Sun area foreverrr. The only tips I would have would be to find your best jumping style, and relax and go for it, rather than second-guessing your jumps.

I have no idea how long or how many times I did it. I sent my companion on at least 10 missions while trying.

What finally worked for me was threefold. One, for small distance hit the space bar slightly before the W to move forward, and just give the w a small pressure. Two, for long distance jumps it worked best to get as far away as I could, then use the mouse instead of the W to run forward and then jump at the last moment. Three, trust you'll do it. When I didn't trust and pulled back or was hesitant, I always fell.

I don't know if that helps at all, but at least you know there was another person out there doing it for at least an hour!