Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Able to marry Ashara in 1.2 patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Able to marry Ashara in 1.2 patch

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
04.07.2012 , 07:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by asue View Post
Anyone knows if we will be able to marry Ashara in the next patch?
No mention of anything like this in the PTS patch notes.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

MrArrogant's Avatar


MrArrogant
04.07.2012 , 03:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
You still believe that tale...
Do you have some evidence to prove they won't?

lordnortamos's Avatar


lordnortamos
04.07.2012 , 04:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
If you mean as a female character, no, same sex marriages are coming later in the year, apparently.
Oh Andronikos, we must wait later to express our love for eachother . Uhhhh I mean, hell yea bangin twi'leks all day erryday yeaaaaaa
Favorite Star Wars quotes:
1. Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger right now!!!
2. HK-47: Dammit master I am an assassination droid not a dictionary!

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
04.07.2012 , 06:40 PM | #14
I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in a future expansion with the SI and her either going to Tython, or to a neutral location to meet with Satele and maybe a few other Jedi Masters from the Council. I believe this is how it'll play out....


Inquisitor: Thank you for meeting us, Grandmaster. We have come to ask your permission to get married.

Satele: Whhaaaaaaaattttt?????

Ashara: It's true. We luv each other.

Satele: You wanna marry a SITH?!?!?!?!

Ashara: That's right. You got a problem with that?

Satele: Ok, fine. You're kicked.

Ashara: WOOHOO!!! Now I don't have to pay you lip service anymore! *gives all the Masters the finger and walks out*
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Snaloe's Avatar


Snaloe
04.07.2012 , 06:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in a future expansion with the SI and her either going to Tython, or to a neutral location to meet with Satele and maybe a few other Jedi Masters from the Council. I believe this is how it'll play out....


Inquisitor: Thank you for meeting us, Grandmaster. We have come to ask your permission to get married.

Satele: Whhaaaaaaaattttt?????

Ashara: It's true. We luv each other.

Satele: You wanna marry a SITH?!?!?!?!

Ashara: That's right. You got a problem with that?

Satele: Ok, fine. You're kicked.

Ashara: WOOHOO!!! Now I don't have to pay you lip service anymore! *gives all the Masters the finger and walks out*
lol nice one

|| C'rane 50 Guardian | Snaloe 50 Trooper | Balvier 50 Sage | Izzob 40 Scoundrel ||

_Cailean's Avatar


_Cailean
04.24.2012 , 02:45 AM | #16
This could be in both posts really, but being masters of the dark side of the force (read Sith Inquisitor class overview), should gives us the ability to turn our beloved little Togruta from Jedi into Sith. The framework is there, just as it was with Bastila for Malek, she can't truly go back to the Order. There could be a wholse sequence of chats involving reciting the Sith code to her whilse she's restrained and zapping her with lightning until she breaks. If a pipsqueak like Malek can do it, why can't we as we arguably eclipse anything that Malek was if we're level 50?

Yes, I'm a guy. And certain females with certain ideological differences might think I'm being a sexist pig but I would have no qualms if a female Sith Inquisitor was able to do the same thing with a male companion. It's part of being Sith. The Emporer turned Anakin and tried to turn Luke... But Luke was the uberForce guy so that bit him in the ***, but we are in control. There's no gallant Jedi that's gonna try and save her (although that would make an interesting encounter - "What are you doing on my ship, little Jedi?" "Free Ashara, evil Sith brute!" "Oh, my stupid little Jedi fool. You've come too late, I'm afraid." *reveals Ashara dressed in Sith robes* "Ashara, kill him." "Yes...my master."

Then you can marry her, or make her your second "unofficial" apprentice (rule of two doesn't apply to unofficial/secret apprentices apparently), or both.
Two there shall be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it...

Gnanika's Avatar


Gnanika
04.24.2012 , 03:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by _Cailean View Post

Yes, I'm a guy. And certain females with certain ideological differences might think I'm being a sexist pig but I would have no qualms if a female Sith Inquisitor was able to do the same thing with a male companion. It's part of being Sith. The Emporer turned Anakin and tried to turn Luke... But Luke was the uberForce guy so that bit him in the ***, but we are in control. There's no gallant Jedi that's gonna try and save her (although that would make an interesting encounter - "What are you doing on my ship, little Jedi?" "Free Ashara, evil Sith brute!" "Oh, my stupid little Jedi fool. You've come too late, I'm afraid." *reveals Ashara dressed in Sith robes* "Ashara, kill him." "Yes...my master."
I'm not a guy, and the fact that you can't turn her to the Dark Side is silly to me as well. I don't know if torture would be the real Inquisitor method. Based on theory, the Inquisitor should be the one seducing people the the dark side with the honeyed words (which the Sith Warrior does). In actual gameplay and story however, all your effective convincing is done by shocking people. So whichever, I guess. Either would fit.

For the record, I like Ashara's character. I just want to make our first interaction, which consisted of me persuading her to kill one of my fellow Sith to try to lure her to the Dark Side, actually make some kind of SENSE. Because lady, you followed me pretty much without a complaint after I did that and then killed your masters. Even if I am pretty neutral on the LS/DS thing, how are you not at least a little bit iffy about this whole set up.

If anything, it seems like Ashara should be the MOST malleable of all the apprentices.

Also, that scene you described would be pretty awesome.

legolegion's Avatar


legolegion
04.24.2012 , 03:12 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by _Cailean View Post
Then you can marry her, or make her your second "unofficial" apprentice (rule of two doesn't apply to unofficial/secret apprentices apparently), or both.
the rule of two is not even invented yet that happens with darth bane after getting hands on darth revan holocron and tricking the leader of the dark brotherhood into using a thought bomb or mind bomb can`t rember of top of my head

_Cailean's Avatar


_Cailean
04.24.2012 , 05:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
the rule of two is not even invented yet that happens with darth bane after getting hands on darth revan holocron and tricking the leader of the dark brotherhood into using a thought bomb or mind bomb can`t rember of top of my head
I know, otherwise we wouldn't have armies of Sith. I've read the books. However if I were to be rolepaying as someone who practiced the rule fo two before Darth Bane went and thought-bombed the Dark Brotherhood, having an apprentice whilst training another is breaking that code... Which is why I don't group with other Sith. Just bounty hunters and agents, if anyone.
Two there shall be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it...