Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can't I kill/dump my companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why can't I kill/dump my companions?

Jenzali
04.23.2012 , 05:47 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
People like different things. Personally, I don't enjoy crude brutes with the intelligence of rocks (and that may be insulting to the rocks) who like to hurt people just to hurt them. You're more than welcome to him, want two?
He's a psychopath from a prison world, of course he wants to kill people. Fine, keep your boring Mako and Torian then :P I'm pretty sure I can count their number of actual character flaws on a Hutt's foot.

Spoiler

Either way, BW has done a good job if they can inspire such a strong negative reaction about Quinn, Skadge, or Gault meaning they are just as well written as any of the positive reaction ones. But yeah, I can give you all the Mako Sue's and Bieber Fetts and we'll call it an even trade

Disclaimer: This post was not intended to be entirely serious.

JediElf
04.23.2012 , 05:57 PM | #42
Did I read that we may get carbonate freezing for possible unwanted companions?

Oh gooood! Then I can have a nice Vette shaped statue, to put in a dusty forgotten corner, of my engine room.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
People like different things. Personally, I don't enjoy crude brutes with the intelligence of rocks (and that may be insulting to the rocks) who like to hurt people just to hurt them. You're more than welcome to him, want two?
Your so right! I'm the only person who likes Quinn, and a few of the other more evil companions. It fun to have such a variety of personalities among those we travel with. It really keeps it interesting. ^_^
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

DeutschGamer
04.23.2012 , 06:03 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
Did I read that we may get carbonate freezing for possible unwanted companions?

Oh gooood! Then I can have a nice Vette shaped statue, to put in a dusty forgotten corner, of my engine room.
Nooooooooooooooooooo

I'll take her off your hands, I could use two kinky Twi'lek wives!

You can have that thing that stands in my cockpit that I'd like to put my saber through though, I'd rather use the ship droid as my healer than Mr. I'm not loyal.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

JediElf
04.23.2012 , 06:12 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooo

You can have that thing that stands in my cockpit that I'd like to put my saber through though, I'd rather use the ship droid as my healer than Mr. I'm not loyal.
Ohhh you have no idea what I could do with two Quinns...one for the cockpit and one for-[the contents of this post is completely inappropriate], and not to mention having two healers!

Yes I will trade you my Vette for another Mr. Tried to kill a Sith but failed and that's kinda awesome really.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Kalterien
04.23.2012 , 09:07 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
Ohhh you have no idea what I could do with two Quinns...one for the cockpit and one for-[the contents of this post is completely inappropriate], and not to mention having two healers!

Yes I will trade you my Vette for another Mr. Tried to kill a Sith but failed and that's kinda awesome really.
Dear god.. two Quinns? I'd be up for that too... You could have the entire rest of my crew for a second Quinn-ster.

Captain_Zone
04.24.2012 , 12:36 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooo

ONE cute, sweet, semi-innocent-yet-freaky-kinky Twi'lek wifey is all my SW needs! Vette rules. 2 of her would kill him!

But hey, what a way to go!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

natashina
04.24.2012 , 02:28 AM | #47
I haven't seen many of the companions from my angle, so these are the ones I've seen firsthand. For the longest time, the companions I could've done without were:

1) Quinn. He was number 1 on my hitlist for a long time. He has since come off the "Kill or Airlock" Treatment once I hit near the end of his story arc. It took him enough times to get the hint I wasn't interested anymore.

2) Skadge is very high on this list. I growled everytime he was on the screen. He's very caustic, and fairly useless. If I ever get the need on my SW for an offtank, I use Broonmark. Otherwise Mako and/or Quinn stays out.

3) Doc. The reason why is because of his treatment to my initial JK, which was female. I couldn't stand him and ended up rerolling as a male. While he's okay from the "bromance" perspective, he is the last person I pictured a lady JK going for. Doc's still sleazy enough to merit a time out with carbonite freezing.

4) Any ship droid. Sorry, just wanted to get that out there. Especially my Pub droid.

Charon
04.24.2012 , 04:43 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Because there is no quickload in MMO's, stupid people would choose to kill them "for the lolz" and then whine that they lost a companion that they now want to use. The crying would be endless. In short, idiot-proofing. I believe you were able to at one point, the conversations are still there. Like there is an option to let Ashara die or kill Quinn. It just doesn't do what it's supposed to.
That's the reason why they took that option off. A bunch of idiots ended up killing all their companions so they were stuck with the droid and they whined about it.