Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chain-crashes to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kyrtin
04.16.2012 , 07:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Conveeyor View Post
Hello Kyrtin,

Have you ensured that you have provided the file our support was asking for? Please understand that we need your assistance to help you further with this matter.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need more information about this or any other issue.

Thank you for your co-operation.
The support asked for my client logs, launcher logs, and dxdiag, I provided one relatively large log from one which covered the entire day, and the other required some 12 logs for that day, all of which I attached along with the dxdiag. I'll gladly provide any other data that is needed to diagnose the problem, but all of that I've provided via email.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One
CE VIP Yes I know it was only worth $100

Kyrtin
04.16.2012 , 10:37 PM | #12
It seems to get worse every day, I'm up to 8 occurrences of this type of chain-crash today alone. Never any error message, just a total and instant crash of the client.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One

Conveeyor
04.16.2012 , 10:53 PM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello again, Kyrtin,

We would like to ask you to delete all temporary files on your harddrive. One way to do so is the Windows 'Disk Cleanup' utility. To access it please do a right click on your system drive and choose 'Properties'. In the new window you see on the 'General' tab under the graphic with the capacity the button 'Disk Cleanup'.

When windows has calculated all files that can be deleted without harm a new window comes up. Check the boxes close to all temporary files and click 'OK'.

Please let us know if this solves your issue. If it does not we would really like to ask you to check the last e-mail you have received as answer on your ticket. In there our agent was asking for a Reliability History report.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kyrtin
04.17.2012 , 04:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Conveeyor View Post
Hello again, Kyrtin,

We would like to ask you to delete all temporary files on your harddrive. One way to do so is the Windows 'Disk Cleanup' utility. To access it please do a right click on your system drive and choose 'Properties'. In the new window you see on the 'General' tab under the graphic with the capacity the button 'Disk Cleanup'.

When windows has calculated all files that can be deleted without harm a new window comes up. Check the boxes close to all temporary files and click 'OK'.

Please let us know if this solves your issue. If it does not we would really like to ask you to check the last e-mail you have received as answer on your ticket. In there our agent was asking for a Reliability History report.

Done, but the chain-crashing issue is still occurring. I've also tried lowering graphics settings and running the game client in "compatibility mode" without eliminating the problem. I've also performed a "clean installation" of the most up-to-date Nvidia drivers.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One

zeirokewl
04.18.2012 , 06:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sarkisboyadjian View Post
I'm also getting repeated crashes to desktop since the 1.2 update. Hopefully it will be fixed soon !
QFE unfortunately

"........HELP US OBI WANS YOU ALL ARE OUR ONLY HELP!!!......"

WARGASM
Recruiting Status: OPEN

Kyrtin
04.24.2012 , 01:30 PM | #16
This issue is still occurring an average of 7 or 8 times a day for me, even since the patch I and several others are having this same issue repeating itself. It is primarily triggered by interaction with vendors, speeders, cargo hold, crafting windows, etc, but can also be triggered simply by walking around.
Survivor of Naritus
Jedi - Dorrsk Eighty'One

Fanteen
04.24.2012 , 03:49 PM | #17
I also am having a frequent crashes to desktop, about 7-8 per play session, which gets annoying. They seem to be primarily triggered by interaction with crafting window and my bank, specifically where i keep all my crafting materials. And why are we getting 5-6sec delay whenever we salvage materials or send mail? Practically everyone I know has the same issues, but I guess if it doesn't crash you to desktop its not such a big deal.

i'm never caught in the loop described when I crash, just that I crash to desktop frequently and lag when interacting with the noted entities. This never happened before 1.2, I was runnning at max setting smoothly, without issues. No lag or anything. I have alts in which the said issues either do not occur at all or are so minute its hardly noticable. i can play them for hours without issue, so obviously, its not my setup or anything on my computer. I have been wondering whether it is specific items or processes specific to my main character which may be causing the problem.