Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After 1.2 game keeps crashing to desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
After 1.2 game keeps crashing to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Azarquiel
04.14.2012 , 02:09 AM | #11
I have the same issue with the ntdll.dll also my game goes directly to desktop.. There isnt a way to scan or repair the instalation?? my connection isnt very fast and to update my client take me like 3 or 4 hours i will like a shorter solution than install my game three times .....

CuttingJ
04.14.2012 , 03:29 AM | #12
Same issue after 1.2 update. Loader launches, I input my account info and hit "play." The screen goes black for a second and then I return to desktop.
Spoiler

Azarquiel
04.14.2012 , 12:02 PM | #13
This is my Second Install that take me a lot of time, the Game still crashes to desktop one time i even achive to enter to the server selection screen and there even wasnt NAMES of servers -.- then the PC just stuck pls i need some help with this issue.

Spoiler

Here my Dxdiag step you ask to the other player.

Spoiler

cowmonster
04.14.2012 , 12:10 PM | #14
Crash report

Spoiler

My Dxdiag report

Spoiler

ShavedEwok
04.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Azarquiel View Post
There isnt a way to scan or repair the instalation?? my connection isnt very fast and to update my client take me like 3 or 4 hours i will like a shorter solution than install my game three times .....
Yes there is a repair installation function...

1. Login to the game through the launcher as usual.

2. On the bottom left of your launcher window you'll see a small cogwheel icon, click it.

3. Click on the "Repair" button under the "Repair Installation" category.

Hope that helps.

SE
80% less stupid

DarthSublimitas
04.14.2012 , 12:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ShavedEwok View Post

2. On the bottom left of your launcher window you'll see a small cogwheel icon, click it.

Hope that helps.

SE
Problem I get with the so-called "repair" function is that it keeps crapping out on my in the middle saying error and has to start all over again. This is so damm frustrating already. 2 days and no game play.
"The Truth Shall Free Me"
And humour makes our lives worth living:
http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/ Why it's bad to plagiarize:http://auditorydepredation.files.wor...6231905169.jpg

Azarquiel
04.14.2012 , 01:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ShavedEwok View Post

Hope that helps.

SE
With the launcher as the way that was before my disc instalation there wasnt a repair option..... yea i saw the icon you said but just said language change -.- so i solved my issue to enter in the server using the solution this guy post...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=63354

After using the Beta Setup my launcher got fixed and now have a repair option, that is very usefull.

I can log in the game no but for some reason sometimes just FROST my screen and stuck my hole pc after about 15 mins of playing or so . . .

I hope the game reach a stabilize point with the time.

CuttingJ
04.16.2012 , 04:43 AM | #18
I deleted my game, reinstalled via the game client downloading the 6+ GB file, and THEN had to repair the game data to get it to work. It played normally for one session. The second time I tried to run it, it failed in the same way it was failing before the reinstall. I have "repaired" the game data several times hence with no success.

Vadir
04.22.2012 , 04:22 PM | #19
My game started crashing a lot this weekend. Can you please help me out?
Spoiler
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
~Maelstrom~

Metalmac
04.24.2012 , 03:45 PM | #20
This morning SWTOR started crashing and can not stay logged on more then 5 minutes.

Crash report:
Spoiler

Dxdiag:

Spoiler

So what is error code: 2932577156 ?