Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Companion Remote Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Companion Remote Desktop

Germanboy
01.05.2012 , 12:58 PM | #1
Hello Bioware I would really like to get some feedback on this app that was identified through AskaJedi.com

It's an app that's being provided for 2.99 on the Android market and it allows you to access your Crafting abilities. The Name of the publisher is Hypercane Studios. My concern is account security I have the Security Key to ensure my account is secure as best as possible, however I would like to ask if this app is approved by the SWTOR team.

As always thank you for your feedback!

AbovetheRest
03.08.2012 , 08:21 PM | #2
I am concerned about receiving an official reply on this app as well. If this is not an officially endorsed app or has security flaws perhaps one like it should be developed.

Rankyn
03.08.2012 , 08:29 PM | #3
If it's what I think it is, it's not SWTOR specific, it's just a remote app for your computer.
There are many of them.
Basically the game runs on your computer, the phone app lets you control the mouse pointer to play the game.

While this sounds good in theory, in reality, the game will log you out after about 15ish minutes of inactivity so you'll spend more time going through the hassle of logging into the game every time you want to use the app than you would just waiting until you get home and playing the game directly.

If the app doesn't ask for your login information, there's really no danger.

JoniusQuinn
04.08.2012 , 10:58 PM | #4
Yeah I do not recommend this app to anyone. You need to have SWTOR running on you computer to even use the app...and like the last guy said the game logs you out after some time so you'd have to log back in just so you can use it.

Besides if the game's running why not just play it like everyone else...while you wait for your companions to finish their crew skill missions.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataraja View Post
Negativity is contagious... so is laughter. The former we should avoid, the later we need to embrace.

Reserve-SL
04.08.2012 , 11:09 PM | #5
This smell of account hacking at best, and violation of the Terms of Usage at worst.

Stay away.

Rankyn
04.08.2012 , 11:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Reserve-SL View Post
This smell of account hacking at best, and violation of the Terms of Usage at worst.

Stay away.
It can't hack your account from your phone if it doesn't ask for any login or security information.
If it's just a remote desktop utility, it's not even a violation of the TOS.

It's not through this particular app, but this is what SWTOR looks like on my iPADD:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8007/imagermx.jpg

Urlo
04.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #7
What program do you use for your iPad to get remote access?

Urlo
04.24.2012 , 01:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
It can't hack your account from your phone if it doesn't ask for any login or security information.
If it's just a remote desktop utility, it's not even a violation of the TOS.

It's not through this particular app, but this is what SWTOR looks like on my iPADD:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8007/imagermx.jpg
What program do you use for remote access on your iPad?

kjfett
04.24.2012 , 02:59 PM | #9
I use Splashtop on my HP Touchpad. Works the same on Android as well. The mouse is a pain to use, but you can see your screen.

Sleeplessfox
04.24.2012 , 03:08 PM | #10
yeah remote desktop isnt game hacking or account stealing, its just your desktop being sent to a remote device that only YU have access to, I doubt you could really play on it properly but you could use it for crafting, maybe even gtn and chat. wow im suddenly really tempted to go buy a tablet!