Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I'm charged for next month?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why I'm charged for next month?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mugo
04.24.2012 , 02:56 PM | #1
Hello,

I thought we have 30 days free play? Why I'm charged today?

Speire
04.24.2012 , 02:58 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Mugo,

It's possible that your billing date this month preceded the application of the 30 days of gametime to your account.

These days should become active on your account next month.

Thanks for your understanding.

Speire | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Mugo
04.24.2012 , 03:02 PM | #3
I'm sorry, your answer is not satisfying.

Not giving you my money anymore. Reconsider your client relation policies. Bye!

Ellif
04.24.2012 , 03:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugo View Post
I'm sorry, your answer in not satisfying.

Not giving your my money anymore. Reconsider your client relation policies. Bye!
The 30 days is due to be credited by 11.59pm CDT tomorrow (25th).
As your next months subscription was due before you were automatically billed.

However you now won't be billed again for 60 days now (your 30 days subscription you just paid for and the 30 free days) so you're not missing out on your free gametime.

How is that not satisfactory? You're getting 30 days free gametime, you were billed on the expected date as part of an ongoing subscription agreement (as well as recently being credited with a day compensation for downtime).
The true quarry of any great adventurer is the undiscovered territory of their own soul

Bspired
04.24.2012 , 03:10 PM | #5
I'm sorry, your answer in not satisfying.

Not giving you my money anymore. Reconsider your client relation policies. Bye!
Nevermind, this game is really not getting worth all the trouble anymore..

MahBo
04.24.2012 , 03:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellif View Post

However you now won't be billed again for 60 days now (your 30 days subscription you just paid for and the 30 free days) so you're not missing out on your free gametime.

How is that not satisfactory? You're getting 30 days free gametime, you were billed on the expected date as part of an ongoing subscription agreement (as well as recently being credited with a day compensation for downtime).
Agreed. If you want your free 30 days, you must pay for it first!
<-- The **** is this?
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Also, MahBo? That weapon in your sig (Weapon 15) is actually the scanner device your companions use when harvesting crafting material nodes.
Looks like it's a tool used by my companions to harvest sugar cane with.

Grene
04.24.2012 , 03:14 PM | #7
same issue here. i have been billed for the 3 months on the 19th, now suddenly when the free time come around, they move my payment date to the 24th, and charge me rather then giving me my free time.

Mugo
04.24.2012 , 03:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellif View Post

I got billed on my credit card today. I have to cover it with my own money, paying this credit card bill.
What is not understandable here?? 2 weeks ago, we all got e-mail with 30 days of free gameplay.

Why I'm billed now? Simple question that requires simple answer. I don't care about jumbo-mumbo algorithms in BioWare billing systems with dates, times, minutes, seconds, crap, ****, whatever....

Guys, pull your development together. This is disgrace. Trion got operational LFG in 2 months after going live.... You keep saying; "it's complicated". No it's not! Get yourself better developers!

Alkiii
04.24.2012 , 03:26 PM | #9
I got billed on my credit card today. I have to cover it with my own money, paying this credit card bill.
What is not understandable here?? 2 weeks ago, we all got e-mail with 30 days of free gameplay.

Why I'm billed now? Simple question that requires simple answer. I don't care about jumbo-mumbo algorithms in BioWare billing systems with dates, times, minutes, seconds, crap, ****, whatever....

Guys, pull your development together. This is disgrace. Trion got operational LFG in 2 months after going live.... You keep saying; "it's complicated". No it's not! Get yourself better developers!
So this went from a billing issue to a self-entitlement issue?

Nice.

Go be unsocial in another game. Thanks.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

Gianavel
04.24.2012 , 03:41 PM | #10
From http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion
Quote:
The 30 days of game time will show up on your account by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT and will begin once your current game time remaining expires.
It boggles my mind at how many people are unable to read a calendar. To then blame Bioware for your ineptitude... wow.