Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This need to be changed ASAP Its killing PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This need to be changed ASAP Its killing PvP

Kaarsa
04.24.2012 , 01:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by dudeyoumadbro View Post
I know all of that about my Class, Im just saying they need to add some resolve. Plus most of the time I'm stopped by a Force Ability from the Sorcerers, I'm not to familiar with their abilities but I know that its a cast and once its casted i cant move at all.
Sorc can have roots on their knockbacks or as top tier talent in madness tree.

Anyway, as it was offcialy stated - roots and snares are part of the kiting game and thus are not affected by resolve. Your (guardians) functionality in 4-10m range is not so bad, you have 2 ranged damage skills and ability to generate focus without hitting anything. You can spec to have another 10m range skill + you have 10-30m range attack. Because there is virtually not a single class unable to fight while rooted or to defend themselves (by defensive CD, medpacks etc), roots are not part of resolve.
Official Dev info about resolve system: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-q-a-day-2/
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.
The remaining 2% aren't going to be fixed by complaining on a forum...

Darth_Philar
04.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaarsa View Post
Sorc can have roots on their knockbacks or as top tier talent in madness tree.

Anyway, as it was offcialy stated - roots and snares are part of the kiting game and thus are not affected by resolve. Your (guardians) functionality in 4-10m range is not so bad, you have 2 ranged damage skills and ability to generate focus without hitting anything. You can spec to have another 10m range skill + you have 10-30m range attack. Because there is virtually not a single class unable to fight while rooted or to defend themselves (by defensive CD, medpacks etc), roots are not part of resolve.
I should also point out that melee classes have equivalent counters to roots and snares (gap closers, purges, immunities, and roots and snares of their own) in order to balance the kiting meta game around player skill and not character class.

If you are going around thinking you should have greater than 50% melee uptime against a skilled range player you are severely mistaken.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

LordOfThePeople
04.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #13
Assassin/Shadow Tanks can PULL with full resolve bars, yet PTs can not do this... HOW CAN YOU PULL with full resolve.... Thats stupid and should have been fixed a long time ago.
Proud Owner of Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition
Bye bye Kinrath Spider

Rikeryo
04.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #14
so you're whining about sorcs as a JK .. l2p.
5% club member

Kaarsa
04.24.2012 , 01:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LordOfThePeople View Post
Assassin/Shadow Tanks can PULL with full resolve bars, yet PTs can not do this... HOW CAN YOU PULL with full resolve.... Thats stupid and should have been fixed a long time ago.
Well, you cant pull with full resolve. Of course, if you have proofs that assasins can do that, then videos please.
Official Dev info about resolve system: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-q-a-day-2/
To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.

Tenthletter
04.24.2012 , 01:46 PM | #16
Am I the only one who thinks that moves that stop you from moving completely should add to your resolve? From what I have experience its mostly the Smuggler/Imperial classes that have a majority of these moves, and its quite frustrating when you have a full resolve meter and you are still stopped in your tracks, or blasted back with the Troopers/BH pushback, As a Jedi Knight, If i cant force push someone with a full Resolve Meter, they shouldn't be able to push me. Any one else agree with this?
No. Rift had roots on their DR timer and it made melee classes completely unplayable. Enjoy playing your Guardian when you cannot root or slow a ranged class at all.

I don't think you even understand how Resolve works, since with a full Resolve Bar you are immune to knockback, and as a Guardian you have access to an ability that makes you CC immune for 4 seconds after a charge.

TLDNR: No.

dudeyoumadbro
04.24.2012 , 01:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikeryo View Post
so you're whining about sorcs as a JK .. l2p.
There is always at least one of you guys who say "l2p" with everything, if you have nothing productive to say then ****.
The Leto Legacy
Athius - Jedi Guardian Stiffler - Scoundrel Annadorf - Vanguard Ellesif - Jedi Sage
Dalexs - Mercenary Dethex - Marauder Tights - Sniper Dythius - Assassian
The Bastion - PvP

Darth_Philar
04.24.2012 , 01:48 PM | #18
There is always at least one of you guys who say "l2p" with everything, if you have nothing productive to say then ****.

Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

dudeyoumadbro
04.24.2012 , 01:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenthletter View Post
No. Rift had roots on their DR timer and it made melee classes completely unplayable. Enjoy playing your Guardian when you cannot root or slow a ranged class at all.

I don't think you even understand how Resolve works, since with a full Resolve Bar you are immune to knockback, and as a Guardian you have access to an ability that makes you CC immune for 4 seconds after a charge.

TLDNR: No.
And if that Ranged class has a barrier up and I cant Force leap? nothing i can do.
The Leto Legacy
Athius - Jedi Guardian Stiffler - Scoundrel Annadorf - Vanguard Ellesif - Jedi Sage
Dalexs - Mercenary Dethex - Marauder Tights - Sniper Dythius - Assassian
The Bastion - PvP

Kaarsa
04.24.2012 , 02:02 PM | #20

OMG I think I will add this to my sig