Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Republic gameplay so boring?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Republic gameplay so boring?

mandrillagon
02.07.2012 , 07:52 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
As far as I can tell, they designed everyone to be awesome, except Jedi... They designed them to be stuck up and boring.... So, they're accurately portrayed based on the movies...
I think they tried to emulate the personality types that would play Jedi. The kind of "over civility" you experience in mature threads with words like agreed, indeed, concur, quite, sir or phrases such as well played and so on.

Basically I feel the jedi storytelling tried to cozy up the the psychology of a mature civil gaming audience which in real life is great but makes boring fantasy.

GetPloughed
02.07.2012 , 07:53 PM | #92
Dark Side Smuggler story(so far, on Tattooine) has been the best for me. Alderaan as a Dark Sided Sith Warrior was fun to towards the end of it, but I didn't care for the rest of act 1 and act 2 was just horrible.

Toweleeeie
02.07.2012 , 07:56 PM | #93
I will agree that the end game armor for Jedi in both pvp and pve are the ugliest end game armor I have ever seen.
I like turtles

harpuax
02.07.2012 , 07:57 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post

Pretty much everyone agrees.
I don't. I like the stories and I don't want to dress like batman like the sith do.

Kalliadies
02.07.2012 , 08:15 PM | #95
personally i think both the Jedi Samuri and the Sith Transformer endgame armors are terrible.

I know i will be extracting the mods and placing them in custom armor, regardless of side.

The Jedi sentinel lvl 40 PvP armor is amazing though. love it.

solikepoison
04.24.2012 , 01:23 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post
Honest question.

Trooper / Smuggler are ok. The Jedi storylines are snoozefests. And the voice acting sucks. The gear is ugly and.. well you get the idea. Pretty much everyone agrees.

I love playing my Imperial toons. Everything about them is just more fun.

So why is that so? Do the Devs really hate the Republic / Light side that much? Or perhaps they just phoned in their Republic work because they had the flu that day... there must be some reason the Devs failed so badly in making it fun to play Republic.

Thats nothing, in the flashpoint the Esseles, the republic can no longer use mounts in that ship or the imp ship you bored in the flashpoint since the update, but get this, The imperials twin of that flashpoint, called the Black talon, imps can use speeders in that flashpoint still, but no longer in the repub sides version of the flashpoint? thats kinda favortism... how is it fair in the imp verson of the essesles they can use speeders still, but not the republic... ouch

Anyone have the scuttlebutt and inside infoz? I would really like to know why the Devs favored the Imps..