Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Colonel Vorgath - RNG? ENRAGE? ***?

Rheria
04.24.2012 , 06:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TiTaNsFaN View Post
We were able to down it tonight; we had 6 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank... It's a really heavy DPS gear check.
We didn't really switch ops composition for this one encounter, so it's the usual 2/2/4 on tanks/heals/DPS. Pretty much the only thing you need to do to ensure you're not hitting enrage is to summon the demolitions droid right at the start of the encounter - that is, we have like 4 people go up to instantly nuke the add, then one starts sweeping the field while another calls for droid and joins people downside.

ragamer
04.24.2012 , 07:12 AM | #12
Quote:
There is always a path to take that only requires 4 probes.
The main issue to deal with this is which tile you select 1st and how long it takes you to do reach the 3rd row... You are on a good try if you reach the 3rd row with just 1 Probe. If you don't manage... Usually it's safer to just bail out and retry. So before spending the 1st bot BE SURE you have a path to the 3rd row requiring just 1 disarm.

- Optimize your probe usage... They appear ALWAYS on the same spot. Select the one that's closer... If you have melee, the sooner they start the sooner you kill.

- Keep 1 DPS on the Tower with the clicker (usually the 2nd tank) helps tons at cutting down the spawn of the 1st Probe... After that 1st add on the Tower is killed that DPS should go down and help the rest of the team.

- Synch the yellow marking with the death of the probe. Depending on your DPS, if you call the marking when the Probe is around 10-15% you have enough time to defuse it. The clicker should immediatly summon the next probe ASAP before keep on looking at the Minefield. When doing this BE SURE the clicker is aware about the "Panel Cooldown" when revealing mines... or when the call is issued the panel may be on CD and thus he/She can't mark yellow when needed, loosing valuable seconds.

Finnally there are tries that require 5 defusals... If you didn't spend enough time to reveal the 3rd row BEFORE selecting the initial tile on your path. Tricky decission... As the initial delay on 1st Probe can't be increased forever... So accept the bad luck and retry.

Kwijiboe
04.24.2012 , 10:39 AM | #13
Patch Note from 1.2.1

ĽA total of 4 mines must now be successfully defused in order to complete the minefield encounter.

Now it's definitely a gear check.

Iandayen
04.24.2012 , 11:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
Patch Note from 1.2.1

ĽA total of 4 mines must now be successfully defused in order to complete the minefield encounter.

Now it's definitely a gear check.
Hard mode isn't meant to be done in anything less than full Rakata.

And even in full Rakata on 8 man with 2 healers and 2 tanks we can down 4 probes.

So I would say its a check to see if your DPS are actually good or not, and a check to see if your probe launcher is fast enough, and another check on top of that to see if you can organize and coordinate well enough to do all that.
Hardpeck - Arsenal Mercenary
Ambient.enjin.com

TiTaNsFaN
04.24.2012 , 12:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
Hard mode isn't meant to be done in anything less than full Rakata.

And even in full Rakata on 8 man with 2 healers and 2 tanks we can down 4 probes.

So I would say its a check to see if your DPS are actually good or not, and a check to see if your probe launcher is fast enough, and another check on top of that to see if you can organize and coordinate well enough to do all that.
Could you confirm what 4 DPS you used for this fight and whether it was prior to the very recent Merc DPS Nerfs?

bigheadbrandon
04.24.2012 , 12:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TiTaNsFaN View Post
Could you confirm what 4 DPS you used for this fight and whether it was prior to the very recent Merc DPS Nerfs?
"merc dps nerfs"
ahah sorry you made me laugh

TiTaNsFaN
04.24.2012 , 02:18 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
"merc dps nerfs"
ahah sorry you made me laugh
lolwat?

Criik
04.29.2012 , 10:34 PM | #18
We hit the enrage on Colonel Vorgath himself (shouldn't have downed all 4 turret spawns), but we got through the minefield with dps consisting of Vanguard, Sentinel, Guardian and Gunslinger.

Our Shadow tank was eating the assassin droids. 4 probes utilized. As the clicker, once I turned one yellow, I started channeling for the next probe.