Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

backburner
04.24.2012 , 08:34 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
I disagree that most MMO PvE players even desire a challenge in storymode at all. When you leave the small circle of hardcore players, you begin to dive through a very large segment of the playerbase that is more concerned with just having things to do with friends than they are about how difficult those things are to do.

Note: I'm not saying that every storymode boss needs to be a tank n' spank faceroll. I'm not. I can tell you though, Bioware is not going to see 38% of level 50 players hitting up each new storymode raid if they stay with how storymode EC is right now.

My current guestimate is that by the time 1.3 hits, Bioware will be lucky if 40% of EV/KP raider population finishes EC storymode - just my opinion.
you get a piece of rakata from HM FPs, and I dont know what else to say here. EC would need to change to this for what you are trying to say....

EC: Easy mode(story) Normal(what story currently is) HM(current HM) NM(oh god the danger danger.)

Codek
04.24.2012 , 08:35 AM | #252
Question: How do casual guilds that claim they don't have the time to learn how to down the EC bosses, have the time to clear both EV and KP along with wanting to still raid EC within a weeks time?
~Codek

Raeln
04.24.2012 , 08:39 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by backburner View Post
you get a piece of rakata from HM FPs, and I dont know what else to say here. EC would need to change to this for what you are trying to say....

EC: Easy mode(story) Normal(what story currently is) HM(current HM) NM(oh god the danger danger.)
You get columi from HM FPs. You might get Rakata from Lost Island, I don't know, but people aren't exactly burning that flashpoint to the ground yet either.

Not sure if you have noticed, but people aren't exactly tearing up hardmode flashpoints either - at least not on my server.

Bioware is the one that decided to change from their original stance. They said Storymode was supposed to be easy enough so that everyone can do it. My ops has already had success there but after taking down Zorn and Toth, I can tell you that there is no way more than a third of the current raiding population is going to get Zorn and Toth down reliably in storymode. It's tuned far too high for "everyone to be able to complete it."

dcgregorya
04.24.2012 , 08:47 AM | #254
Please don't nerf it. My guild is trying to learn it and having a *blast* doing it. Bear in mind storymode drops Rakata and HM drops Campaign gear so yeah it's naturally pretty hard to do.

Reinholt
04.24.2012 , 09:41 AM | #255
Denova is perfect, you need to have 100% understanding of the boss and their mechanics, you aren't going to get it quickly if you are just a casual guild and you need to be ready for that. HM is even worse, I think it took us 12 hours to get Warlord Kephess HM that is a huge challenge.
Rein the Revanite on TwitchTV Marauder PvP/E Tips, Tricks and Fun.

Exartess
04.24.2012 , 09:56 AM | #256
I pugged story mode on a fresh 50 up to Kephess the other night. The first three fights are mostly dancing. Kephess is a dps check. I was geared at about a 126-130 level. At 140 gear level, story mode isnt anything other than learning the mechanics IMO.

In my opinion I don't think EC is in need of the nerf bat.

FinalHeavenZero
04.24.2012 , 10:09 AM | #257
on story mode? no

it is a Tier 2 operation. Man up and learn to play.

I like this operation, it requires every single player to pay attention and not screw up on every fight. No one can be carried.
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielErickson @ E3 2011 View Post
We were gonna talk about the release date but Stephen [Reid] thought it would be funnier not to.

Krimian
04.24.2012 , 10:22 AM | #258
Our OPs group did EC on the first day got to 3rd boss (Minefield) then gave up after a few attempts.

We Did it again last night and got up to Kephess but it was late so we only had 2 attempts and the 2nd attempt it bugged out on us and Phase 2 had already started with the Pulsar Droids and Kephess on the ground before we even begun!
Krimian

SilverBlink
04.24.2012 , 10:24 AM | #259
Story mode is fine the way it is. If your wiping cause your healers can't keep up then they need to go read and improve themselves. My casual guild raids 8hrs a week and we're just stuck on the last boss which we've only had 1 night of attempts on. All this Ops is about is coordination and execution. I was just talking to another guild last night about Devona and they raid the same amount of hours as us and said the same thing. Sounds like people might just need to put some work into understanding their classes / rolls and study some boss strats.
Inalleon - 50 Darkness Assassin <Ascension Theory>
Mirage - 50 Medicine Operative <Ascension Theory>
Noellani - 50 Seer Sage <Heros for Hire>
Lunnamaria- 50 Mercenary <Ascension Theory>

BogyOne
04.24.2012 , 11:34 AM | #260
I think that this raid was just fine but that is not reason why I reply... I just wanted to ask to stop with apocalyptic visions of TOR downfall because bosses do not have script to incapacitate themselves with nearest rock and give away the loot.
One of major rider of apocalypse complains in other thread that his companion has full Rakata (*) and here that he cannot get boss killed. You're doing it wrong, gear yourself not the companion.

Kudos to all who have more positive view on this and to all others, get some relax and look on this picture
Have some distance to yourself!

Cheers,
BogyOne