Childhood features of each class

zazouman

As i was playing my trooper, the companion Aric Jordan in the first cantina discussion told me that my trooper joined the army at a young age and was top of her class.

Those infos can be included without trouble in my RP of this trooper but i am wondering what other restriction in RP there is in each class, because if i wanted to RP a lazy trooper it will be a little conflicting.

For the jedi, i already known that Knight and consular are especially gifted in the force and promising jedi.

What other features are set in each class?

From your responses i got this summary:

Features:

Trooper (background depends on your species)

• Zabrack :"You made quite an impression at the Academy: accelerated training programs, instructor recommendations. Graduated top of your class."

• ?="Says you served in the Outer Rim. Knew a lot of good men who fought out there. Heard it was brutal."

• ?="Says you've been fighting the Empire since you were old enough to hold a blaster. Ran quite the

underground resistance."

Sith Inquisitor (background depends on your species):

• human or sith :slave all his(her) life

others: Enslaved for murder

• Has a sith ancestor (source:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kallig)

Imperial Agent, can choose why they become IA between:

• -Power

• -adventure

• -boredom

• For Chiss you can select for motivation :Improve Empire

Chiss agent was previously part of the secret police on Csilia

Smuggler, can choose why they become such a dangerous job between:

• -money

• -hate empire

• -don't care

Sith Warrior:

• (probably just for sith?)=born into a prominent Sith family and sent to Korriban for training earlier than most

Jedi Knight:

• been in training since early childhood and knows no other life outside the Jedi Order (not confirmed)

Jedi Consular:

• "Amazing" strength in the force (meaning lot of Midi-chlorians)

One of the best trained since a while

Edited by zazouman

Either I don;t remember that bit from leveling my Inquisitor (got it to 50 a few days after the start of the year) or it's part of a companion conversation I didn't do.

The Agent, in a conversation on Voss, can choose why he/she joined Imperial Intelligence. Power is one reason; adventure is another. I forget the third option, boredom maybe?

The Warrior, presumably, is born into a prominent Sith family and sent to Korriban for training earlier than most, but is fairly open ended otherwise

The Knight has been in training since early childhood and knows no other life outside the Jedi Order.

I can't really say about the other classes as those are the only ones I've gotten anywhere with.

Either I don;t remember that bit from leveling my Inquisitor (got it to 50 a few days after the start of the year) or it's part of a companion conversation I didn't do.

I forget where you have that conversation, otherwise I would tell you.

Possibly one of Ashzara's companion missions, but not sure.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

Some of the background details are actually determined by your species. In an early beta build your background was actually part of your chracter creation, and I think you chose your background instead of your race. They changed it around for some reason or another, but there are still a few dialogues in game that refer to these backgrounds. Just as an example here are some(all?) of the possibilites of what Aric might say about your record in that conversation:

"You made quite an impression at the Academy: accelerated training programs, instructor recommendations. Graduated top of your class."

"Says you served in the Outer Rim. Knew a lot of good men who fought out there. Heard it was brutal."

"Says you've been fighting the Empire since you were old enough to hold a blaster. Ran quite the underground resistance."

I don't know if every class has dialogues that still make reference to these now non-existent background or not but I know that the IA and SI do as well. Hard to say what the unspoken backgrounds are without also knowing what race you intend to play for them.

Their initial character creation, and one of the reasons they changed it (I think - opinion only though) was because it gave some strange race/class combinations, like originally you were unable to create a Pureblood Inquisitor because it wouldn't fit with the slave background. After people repeatedly pointed out how idiotic it was to have a Sith Pureblood race, but cut off it's access to one of the Sith classes, they changed it. Edited by dazednconfuzed

"You made quite an impression at the Academy: accelerated training programs, instructor recommendations. Graduated top of your class."

Playing my trooper as a zabrak that was the background aric found for me.

What about smuggler Mirialan ?

Their initial character creation, and one of the reasons they changed it (I think - opinion only though) was because it gave some strange race/class combinations, like originally you were unable to create a Pureblood Inquisitor because it wouldn't fit with the slave background. After people repeatedly pointed out how idiotic it was to have a Sith Pureblood race, but cut off it's access to one of the Sith classes, they changed it.

And now people complain about the Sith Purebloods being slaves. You just can't win.

And now people complain about the Sith Purebloods being slaves. You just can't win.

Really? Haha!!! Poor Bioware.

i kinda see their point about Purebloods being slaves, but, hey, why not? If a Pureblood commited a crime for which slavery suited, why shouldn't they be slaves?

From your responses i got this summary:

Jedi Knight:

• been in training since early childhood and knows no other life outside the Jedi Order

As far as I know, all that was mentioned about the Knight's previous training was that his/her former masters had good things to say about their skill with a training blade. I could have missed a conversation option or something, though...

Also, the Agent option is patriotism, not power. And I got the same dialogue line from Aric Jorgan as a female human. I'm pretty sure they made it that line for everyone.

Edited by Thebazilly
Forgot to add about Trooper

The Agent, in a conversation on Voss, can choose why he/she joined Imperial Intelligence. Power is one reason; adventure is another. I forget the third option, boredom maybe?

If i remember right, Corso ask my smuggler why she is doing this job and the response was pretty much the same (money instead of power). But it's that all?

The smuggler seem to appear from nowhere, and there shouldn't be any record of his history. But IA should have been is a military school so it's likely that he got top grade like the trooper.

I would like more details for smuggler, consular (both mirialan) and Imperial agent(cyborg).

Edited by zazouman

If i remember right, Corso ask my smuggler why she is doing this job and the response was pretty much the same (money instead of power). But it's that all?

The smuggler seem to appear from nowhere, and there shouldn't be any record of his history. But IA should have been is a military school so it's likely that he got top grade like the trooper.

I would like more details for smuggler, consular (both mirialan) and Imperial agent(cyborg).

I think I know what conversation you're referring to, he actually asks you why you keep going into dangerous territory and getting involved with the war. You can tell him you don't really care, you want money, or that you hate the Empire. I believe Guss also asks you about where you came from but you don't get to tell him anything all that specific.

I play a Mirialan smuggler too and I haven't had any sort of details about a past revealed through conversations. If you get creative and make up a nice backstory for yourself it's more fun though!

Sith Inquisitor:

• Enslaved for murder

As interesting as this would be, I remember some choices when talking to Kallig's ghost paint a picture that the Inquisitor was a slave all their life.

If someone out there has some other extra info on this an any other origins, please post it. Such things can be great improvements to both RP and our character's story in general.

Edited by Arravan

As interesting as this would be, I remember some choices when talking to Kallig's ghost paint a picture that the Inquisitor was a slave all their life.

If someone out there has some other extra info on this an any other origins, please post it. Such things can be great improvements to both RP and our character's story in general.

I recall a conversation with Andronikos with my SI. I think that's when she mentioned something like this:

"They thought it would fun to hunt my people for sport. I shot back. Instead of killing me they sent me to Korriban where I became Sith."

That's very very paraphrased and from memory. I'm as sure as I can be that it was Andronikos she was talking to.

(I have so many alts though I hope I'm not mixing it up with another char - don't think so though).

I recall a conversation with Andronikos with my SI. I think that's when she mentioned something like this:

"They thought it would fun to hunt my people for sport. I shot back. Instead of killing me they sent me to Korriban where I became Sith."

That's very very paraphrased and from memory. I'm as sure as I can be that it was Andronikos she was talking to.

(I have so many alts though I hope I'm not mixing it up with another char - don't think so though).

what race was your inquisitor?

mine is a human male, it was implied in a few conversations that i was a slave most if not all of my life. so it might depend on your race.

especially since the line you're talking about makes no sense for a human, why would the empire hunt humans for sport? they would hunt the other races for sport though. like twi'leks i could see them killing for fun.

what race was your inquisitor?

mine is a human male, it was implied in a few conversations that i was a slave most if not all of my life. so it might depend on your race.

especially since the line you're talking about makes no sense for a human, why would the empire hunt humans for sport? they would hunt the other races for sport though. like twi'leks i could see them killing for fun.

She's Rattataki. Good point on responses being race related :)

I didn't take it to mean she'd been enslaved for that - but rather that her people were hunted while they were slaves. When she'd retaliated in kind her force sensitivity was noticed and she was sent to Korriban.

Hmm, I got a lot from what was effectively two lines of conversation! Pity you can't reload - I'd love to see it again to check my memory.

Edited by Rushka
added info

The only non human I played was a consular miraluka. No special conversation as far as I remember. Except the occasional "human are racist - I'm not human...", or baby related conversation.

For Miraluka and human (I also have a human consular), it's said we are the most powerful force sensitive they've seen in centuries, or so. And you are being trained to become one of the best since you are a child.

I don't remember anything particular about my past as a smuggler, or IA. Well, nothing is said. You can choose for both why you do that (conversation with Risha for Smuggler, Keeper's conversation right after hutta for IA).

As human trooper, I get the "best of the academy" line. Not only Aric, but gearbox, right on the beginning, while sitting in the walker. I will try with others species, since it's the first conversation, to see if there are different line.

EDIT : just tried, and it's not gearbox conversation, but the first tavus dialog. As a Zabrak, he still said I was first at the academy. I assume there is only new lines for Aric.

Edited by erei

For chiss agents, you can agree to serve the Empire because you wanted to improve it. Another option for background that is given is that you were part of the secret police on Csilia (and I guess did very well, so were recommended for Imperial service).

In addition, female agents have the ability to tell Vector that they have "someone back home, but he's not important". And male agents can joke with Kaliyo about having a longer (and even more vindictive) list of exes than she has. (Which would imply...IDEK how many ex-girlfriends. We'll just say a lot, seeing as Kaliyo has been involved with at least 6 named characters, I think...and I get the feeling that's a very small sample.)

Oh right the Sith Inquisitor line is in an Andronikos dialogue. I was thinking it was with Ashara for soem reason. Here are the possible options(option you can choose depdns on your race) for the the SIth Inquisitor line:

I was a slave.- "The Empire enslaved my family, but they decided I was special and made me Sith."

I was a runaway slave.- "I killed an Imperial guard, and they rewarded me by making me Sith. The fact that he was electrocuted probably helped."

I was a convicted criminal.- "Some Imperial thought it would be funny to shoot my kind for sport. I shot back. They wanted to kill me, but made me Sith instead."

Well quite a lot of response made here. With much contradiction too, but from what you say each storyline was changed a few times since launch.

My Sith Inquisitor will need some adjustment, as a rattaki, i want him to be friendly to the empire and for that i will need a good explanation, but i will find one.

Quick question : does trooper and/or imperial agent have a minimum age requirement to enlist ?

Oh right the Sith Inquisitor line is in an Andronikos dialogue. I was thinking it was with Ashara for soem reason. Here are the possible options(option you can choose depdns on your race) for the the SIth Inquisitor line:

I was a slave.- "The Empire enslaved my family, but they decided I was special and made me Sith."

I was a runaway slave.- "I killed an Imperial guard, and they rewarded me by making me Sith. The fact that he was electrocuted probably helped."

I was a convicted criminal.- "Some Imperial thought it would be funny to shoot my kind for sport. I shot back. They wanted to kill me, but made me Sith instead."

Ah, yes. That's right. Sorry guys, I thought it was Ashara too.

Quick question : does trooper and/or imperial agent have a minimum age requirement to enlist ?

I imagine so. Pretty much every military out there has a minimum age requirement. Even if for no other reason than the recruits actually need to be able to understand the lessons they are being taught.

It may be that the minimum age requirement differs depending on species. Some aliens species probably mature faster than humans, so it would make sense to let them in at an earlier age.

Going and having a quick look, there doesn't seem to be any specific canon rules for enlistment ages.

I remember this fork. I chose the 'slave' option since it matched the basic story and never thought of looking at the others. If I'm going to re-roll my Inq, I'll have to remember to check these.

I remember this fork. I chose the 'slave' option since it matched the basic story and never thought of looking at the others. If I'm going to re-roll my Inq, I'll have to remember to check these.

You only get one of the options that I posted, which one you get is determined by your race. There are addional options available beyond the ones I posted. The three I posted are just the possibilitied for if you are forthcoming. The other two options are more of "None of your buisness" from what I recall.