Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Holographic disguises: do they fit with Star Wars?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Holographic disguises: do they fit with Star Wars?

RobertMcDonald
04.22.2012 , 09:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Celacia View Post
What I want to know is how thorough and convincing they are, I mean, as an agent
Spoiler
Exactly what I was thinking. If it's that convincing and it's portable... that seems pretty advanced for Star Wars hologram technology.

clintcasey
04.22.2012 , 10:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HaltHammerzeit View Post
I think it was in one of the NJO books where Luke and Wraith Squadron infiltrated a Vong world with a mixture of actual Vong armour and holographic overlays, so there is precedent in the EU for hologram shrouds, albeit thousands of years into the future.
This game takes place 3000 years before the movies.

If you go a little further into the timeline, about 1000 years before the movies, there was a galaxy wide war between Dark Jedi who had taken up Sith Teachings and the Republic that spanned for centuries that essentially pushed the entire galaxy into a dark age where much of their technology was lost.

There is technology in plane sight in Star Wars that nobody even understands how it works anymore because it was made by some civilization that no longer exists, but it still functions. Star Wars is full things like that.
Al'den, Jedi Guardian, Level 50, The Bastion, 4/4 EC HM
Jindo, Mercinary, Level 50, The Swiftsure, 3/4 EC HM
Jiindo, Power Tech, Level 27, Squadron 367

Mutive
04.24.2012 , 05:21 AM | #13
Spoiler
Spoiler

In addition, the technology shows up (briefly) in other classline quests. And earlier on in agent quests. (Hello Tattooine! And Watcher One!)

Celacia
04.24.2012 , 07:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
Spoiler

In addition, the technology shows up (briefly) in other classline quests. And earlier on in agent quests. (Hello Tattooine! And Watcher One!)
Eh. I don't have issue with the quickie versions of it in other quests.
Spoiler

zazouman
04.24.2012 , 07:37 AM | #15
Holograms projected by the Holo-coms are used to communicate instantly across the galaxy, maybe have they don't ADSL (SW version) and are stuck to low debit.

Mutive
04.24.2012 , 09:17 AM | #16
=
Spoiler
Spoiler