Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

APAC character transfer: working with 'name placeholder' characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
APAC character transfer: working with 'name placeholder' characters

Flaraza
04.24.2012 , 02:55 AM | #31
Good to hear, I was wondering about this, I do have one question:
If I have characters from multiple servers being transferred to the one AP server(and i have placeholders for all of them), will they all be done in one go? and if not would I be able to log in, Delete placeholders, and then have enough slots for the next set of characters(so in this way have effective placeholders for over 4 characters.)?

Ramayana
04.24.2012 , 05:41 AM | #32
Now Stephen, I say this as a person who has never attended at Britney Spears concert, so if I make a mistake or two, please forgive.

However, when I looked at my character transfer sheet, I noted that some of my deleted characters were available for transfer. In retrospect, I shouldn't have deleted them, and so made arrangements to have them transferred between the PvP and PvE AUS servers.

Will these deleted characters be carried over - or restored, if you like - on the new servers? There are a lot of people putting pressure on me for answers to this, and I've been stalling them for weeks, but I get the feeling they are getting impatient now. They keep telling me to check my mailbox and ringing me up in the wee hours and laughing at me.

TIA.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS MESSAGE FORGOT TO UPDATE YOUR IGNORE LIST.

Morlach
04.24.2012 , 09:03 AM | #33
exactly how I expected and planned for it to work, excellent.
"if he dies - if you die - I will give up tea and avenge you"
Sydney Sea-Eagle CAM
My Flicker
My YouTube

StephenReid
04.24.2012 , 09:59 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
If I don't have any placeholder 's on my destination server, and the names of the characters I wish to move are not already taken on that server, will I be given the option to rename them?
No; your characters will be transferred and should be ready to go after that, assuming you have free slots on the destination server.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mamae View Post
Transfers to the Oceania servers will be available at a later date? I am asking as I would prefer to transfer when guildies of mine from other area's of the globe can also transfer.
Future character transfer plans aren't finalized yet but I expect any future system will allow transfers to Asia-Pacific (AKA Oceanic) servers.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChinamanAthena View Post
So if im moving a character over to a different server, to a server where my other characters are lower lvl legacy wuts gunna happen? how are they integrating the 2 different legacys meeting together? will i keep my unlocks that i have on both. I dont understand how thats going to work.
Hey there, this is actually covered in the FAQ in some detail.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChinamanAthena View Post
EDIT: My main question id like answered is switching characters from one account to another goign to be possible. Because i made 2 accounts for some reason and got characters to lvl 50 on both, and i dont need 2 accounts and would like to have them all on one server/account
At this time, account merges are not possible I'm afraid. If you want to continue to play on a single account, you'll need to make a choice between them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flaraza View Post
If I have characters from multiple servers being transferred to the one AP server(and i have placeholders for all of them), will they all be done in one go? and if not would I be able to log in, Delete placeholders, and then have enough slots for the next set of characters(so in this way have effective placeholders for over 4 characters.)?
The transfer will happen in one go, so I'm afraid your plan wouldn't work. Sorry.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ramayana View Post
However, when I looked at my character transfer sheet, I noted that some of my deleted characters were available for transfer. In retrospect, I shouldn't have deleted them, and so made arrangements to have them transferred between the PvP and PvE AUS servers.

Will these deleted characters be carried over - or restored, if you like - on the new servers?
I'm afraid not. You're seeing them on your character transfer page because they were likely deleted after the cut-off point for when we took a sample of the character data. Unfortunately, that means you see them as 'available' but in fact they're not - and will fail on transfer.

You can, if you wish, contact Customer Service to ask them about restoring those characters on your original server - but you may have to wait until our final character transfer process comes online before you can transfer them to Asia-Pacific servers. Ask them nicely, they'll try and help you out.

Bennis
04.24.2012 , 10:30 AM | #35
How long till the transfers start rolling out? Is ita first come first served? Or based on account creation dates?
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.

XyonicS
04.24.2012 , 11:33 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Bennis View Post
How long till the transfers start rolling out? Is ita first come first served? Or based on account creation dates?
All my characters were already transfered when I got on about 1 hout after the mainance. Was quite supprised and very pleased. Just glad it happened before the pet started rolling out to everyone. I would have been a bit miffed if I missed out because it was in my mail box when I got transfered.

Thanks Bioware.

ArachAu
04.24.2012 , 05:16 PM | #37
Are transfers completed? Because some of my characters have moved, and some have stayed where they are (and transfers were requested for them).

Vaak
04.24.2012 , 05:25 PM | #38
Dont think its complete, mine are still on the old server.

StephenReid
04.24.2012 , 05:29 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ArachAu View Post
Are transfers completed? Because some of my characters have moved, and some have stayed where they are (and transfers were requested for them).
Transfers started today, but will take up to a week to complete. (This was outlined in the very first messaging about the process.) I just posted more details about what to expect.

If characters have stayed where they are, that may be because you were out of character slots on your destination server. Please contact Customer Service if you want to discuss further.

skimpyblunts
04.24.2012 , 06:28 PM | #40
I appreciate noting the emergence of a true transfer system as I have seen no admin responses to questions on the subject, however is it not possible to at least give us some sort of idea? Perhaps how many months or anything? This game is great, and many have been patient who are suffering on servers lke mine (rwookrrorro) where pvp is not even possible aside from maybe 5 hrs in a day if we are lucky, but we deserve at least something to go on in terms of a possible time, and please do not tell me there will not be transfers from low pop servers to high pop b/c nobody will come here.