Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedis should have started as kids in SWTOR .. read

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedis should have started as kids in SWTOR .. read

DeutschGamer
04.23.2012 , 11:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebazilly View Post
Major end of chapter spoilers.

Spoiler
I've played through it and I know they forced that on us. We weren't with Orgus Din long enough to have any real reason to care, we became actual Jedi on the Starter planet meaning we weren't even Master/padawan for that long. The only reason I could see having strong feelings about it is because he was the one that offered to train you, without knowing anything about you.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Iamkills
04.23.2012 , 06:12 PM | #22
- it allows freedom of character past for each player to create a small backstory as how and why they were trained by the jedi. how they were discovered and when.

but what if i dont want to create a backstory i have no idea where my character came from what planet he was born on what my old masters names were .

- it starts the player off old enough that they feel in control of their character and not handicapped by the fact that they are a child.

i dont understand i dont think they''re would be any differance would if i picked a old man character would i have to be old and sluggish why couldnt i flourish in the force at a young age .

- the player, character and situations can start off as more mature and serious, where if they started as a child it'd feel necessary to add in lighthearted silly humor.

i've seen alot of movies with children in them , the exorcist has a child in it is that a kids movie ? or forrest gump?

- it skips the unnecessary parts of the jedi training. this isn't the start of the jedi's training, its the start of their story arch. allowing for you to start doing important things out of the gate.

see the important things is how your character starts and we dont get to see that which sucks id understand the shooter classes start as adults but the Sith Warrior and Jedi knight should have had a montage of when they were younger

- it allows for them to show your character as the lore-wise ****** that he/she is. rather than a new student who doesnt understand anything.

but the Jedi knight was the top of its class it wasent a dummy and it would be cool of learning the force at a younger age

- players can get more into character when playing a character their age or at least an adult. playing as a child feels awkward for most adults.

why would it feel awkward ? it would only be for 3 levels not like spending the whole game as one , insecure?

- forces awkward time skips from childhood training to adulthood, why? it doesnt help the story at all. it just forces back story on players who'd rather have an open backstory for their own headcanon.

dont play games or watch movies to make up my own story if i did id do it thats why i pay bioware to make one for me , and they skipped a big part of the story in a Story driven MMO

- even if this was a good idea, which its not. why just jedi? sith are often trained from childhood as well. so why not start a sith off as a child? cus you'd end up killing other children most likely? too dark? seems like a double standard to me.

it would work as both Sith warrior and jedi knights id prefer if sith warriors could too.

- it would slow down pacing, opening as a child, doing some goofy training sequences, then jumping ahead to adulthood to finish your trials. seems really poorly paced and forced.

right now the game seems poorly paced when they just plop you at the end and you dont know how they got there this game is lacking the small details that makes games great.

and you knocked it yourself then jumping ahead to adulthood which they already did....

in short i completely disagree.

ScarletBlaze
04.23.2012 , 07:39 PM | #23
[QUOTE=Iamkills;4107467]- it allows freedom of character past for each player to create a small backstory as how and why they were trained by the jedi. how they were discovered and when.

but what if i dont want to create a backstory i have no idea where my character came from what planet he was born on what my old masters names were .

A lot of people create their own backstory and there is no way bioware if they had made it where the Jedi started as a child could take everyone's story into consideration. Example: My Shadow was born in Corellia. She has a sith brother whom she recently found out about.

- it starts the player off old enough that they feel in control of their character and not handicapped by the fact that they are a child.

i dont understand i dont think they''re would be any differance would if i picked a old man character would i have to be old and sluggish why couldnt i flourish in the force at a young age .

A child is subject to more rules and regulations than an adult. Think back to when you were a child you had to have perrmissioin to do almost anything. The same applies to a child that is a jedi. An adult has more freedom.

- the player, character and situations can start off as more mature and serious, where if they started as a child it'd feel necessary to add in lighthearted silly humor.

i've seen alot of movies with children in them , the exorcist has a child in it is that a kids movie ? or forrest gump?

That may be so but for the most part a child is still restrictive to certain behaviors where an adult has more freedom on what they want to dol

- it skips the unnecessary parts of the jedi training. this isn't the start of the jedi's training, its the start of their story arch. allowing for you to start doing important things out of the gate.

see the important things is how your character starts and we dont get to see that which sucks id understand the shooter classes start as adults but the Sith Warrior and Jedi knight should have had a montage of when they were younger

How is being a child in the order really that important? It really isn't. If you will look at the Attack of The Clones they had one scene and that was lifting some ball around with the force. The important aspects of a Jedi is what they do after they pass their trials not as a child .

- it allows for them to show your character as the lore-wise ****** that he/she is. rather than a new student who doesnt understand anything.

but the Jedi knight was the top of its class it wasent a dummy and it would be cool of learning the force at a younger age

- players can get more into character when playing a character their age or at least an adult. playing as a child feels awkward for most adults.

why would it feel awkward ? it would only be for 3 levels not like spending the whole game as one , insecure?

Not insecure more common sense. Most people that play the game are adults and really do not want to expereince their childhood and the restrictions placed on them. It is easier and more realistic for an adult to play an adult and not a child.

- forces awkward time skips from childhood training to adulthood, why? it doesnt help the story at all. it just forces back story on players who'd rather have an open backstory for their own headcanon.

dont play games or watch movies to make up my own story if i did id do it thats why i pay bioware to make one for me , and they skipped a big part of the story in a Story driven MMO

Well again you are trying to make it where bioware makes a backstory for everyone and unlike you a lot of us love using our imaginations and making up our own backstories. I don't need bioware to make my backstory for me. I am fully capable of using my imagination to do that myself. I already had a backstory prior to the game being released and so did a lot of people.

Just becasue you don't want to that your choice but to have bioware do that for everyone is taking away our freedom to create different backstories and stories for our characters.

- even if this was a good idea, which its not. why just jedi? sith are often trained from childhood as well. so why not start a sith off as a child? cus you'd end up killing other children most likely? too dark? seems like a double standard to me.

it would work as both Sith warrior and jedi knights id prefer if sith warriors could too.

What about smugglers, bounty hunters, imperial agents, troopers. Why are you leaving them out. To do it for one or two classes you have to do it for all classes to be fair. You can not do it just for one or two classes, that is wrong.

- it would slow down pacing, opening as a child, doing some goofy training sequences, then jumping ahead to adulthood to finish your trials. seems really poorly paced and forced.

[I][U][COLOR="Sienna"]right now the game seems poorly paced when they just plop you at the end and you dont know how they got there this game is lacking the small details that makes games great.

I know exactly how my character got where she is. I don't need bioware informing me how I got to where I am.. I do that myself and so does a lot of people. So in this sense it is not lacking , it is giving people individual freedom to create their own characters the way they see them.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Dasgruberg
04.23.2012 , 10:54 PM | #24
Both factions are tooling up for the inevetable war to come. Empire are even bringing in force-sensivite slaves and allowing aliens (though with much protest from many). You would think that the jedi are also recruiting what they can and training them as best they can because of the war.