Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

APAC character transfer: working with 'name placeholder' characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
APAC character transfer: working with 'name placeholder' characters

ChinamanAthena
04.23.2012 , 04:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Balbanes_Beoulve View Post
Thanks for the info, the fact your admitting "a more advanced character transfer system is being developed" gives me at least some hope.
In the other language forums the mods haven't mentioned this as far as i could read. The usual answer is "transfers are not possible at this moment" which is a lot more vague than your statement.
yea same here, im glad i at least got an answer on it and know its a top priority, cuz i really need it asap

obek_kwae
04.23.2012 , 04:35 PM | #22
Regarding Legacy names on the server you're moving TO. What about if I've unlocked my Legacy already and used the same name as the Legacy name from my Original server? I was happy with my Legacy name on the server i started on and wanted to make sure i didn't lose it when the Asia/Pac srevers opened. Now that transfers are coming and earlier in the thread you said if the legacy name already exists on the destination realm you'll be prompted to rename it, but what if i don't want to rename it? Can i just ignore that prompt the first time and it will go away?

tl;dr: Am i forced to change my Legacy name even if i don't want to because i have the same Legacy on the destination realm?

Bozse
04.23.2012 , 05:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
The final character transfer system is in development now and is a high priority for the development team. However, as this is a complex technical challenge with many 'moving parts' it will not be available until some time after the Asia-Pacific character transfer process is finished. When we have more details and a more accurate ETA to share, we will do so.
To be fair we need a time line for this like 4 weeks back now, I'm a fairly patient man and has so far not had many complaints but this has gone over the time of what can be considered with in reasonable patience and acceptance for technical issues.

Basically our whole guild hangs in the balance over this one feature as we have US players in our community playing on a EU server.

Mallorik
04.23.2012 , 06:18 PM | #24
As I've mentioned before, the character transfer system for Asia-Pacific servers is not the final system - it is in fact essentially a prototype for the final system, designed to transfer a small amount of characters (relatively speaking).

The final character transfer system is in development now and is a high priority for the development team. However, as this is a complex technical challenge with many 'moving parts' it will not be available until some time after the Asia-Pacific character transfer process is finished. When we have more details and a more accurate ETA to share, we will do so.
Take your time and you wont need to worry about transfering alot of people.

Ignicity
04.23.2012 , 08:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by obek_kwae View Post
Regarding Legacy names on the server you're moving TO. What about if I've unlocked my Legacy already and used the same name as the Legacy name from my Original server? I was happy with my Legacy name on the server i started on and wanted to make sure i didn't lose it when the Asia/Pac srevers opened. Now that transfers are coming and earlier in the thread you said if the legacy name already exists on the destination realm you'll be prompted to rename it, but what if i don't want to rename it? Can i just ignore that prompt the first time and it will go away?

tl;dr: Am i forced to change my Legacy name even if i don't want to because i have the same Legacy on the destination realm?
If you have already chosen your legacy name on the destination server, my understanding is that you will not be prompted to change it. It will continue to be your legacy name.

Also, thanks for the reply, Rockjaw. One last question came to mind.

If I don't have any placeholder 's on my destination server, and the names of the characters I wish to move are not already taken on that server, will I be given the option to rename them?

Mamae
04.23.2012 , 09:22 PM | #26
Transfers to the Oceania servers will be available at a later date? I am asking as I would prefer to transfer when guildies of mine from other area's of the globe can also transfer.
A man said to the universe: "Sir I exist!"
"However" replied the universe, "The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation"
STEPHEN CRANE

ChinamanAthena
04.23.2012 , 11:03 PM | #27
So if im moving a character over to a different server, to a server where my other characters are lower lvl legacy wuts gunna happen? how are they integrating the 2 different legacys meeting together? will i keep my unlocks that i have on both. I dont understand how thats going to work.
Im actually moving one character to a diff account and different server and one character just to a different account and keepin him on same server. Is that going to be possible? Switchign characters from one account to another?

EDIT: My main question id like answered is switching characters from one account to another goign to be possible. Because i made 2 accounts for some reason and got characters to lvl 50 on both, and i dont need 2 accounts and would like to have them all on one server/account

Lord_Boaz
04.24.2012 , 12:57 AM | #28
This should have been in place before doing the Legacy patch and before offering a free month to folks who had enough points on one server. Who put the cart before the horse on this one?
''Don't make me destroy you 10x and complete this quest.''

Tarn_Sirun
04.24.2012 , 01:00 AM | #29
As I've mentioned before, the character transfer system for Asia-Pacific servers is not the final system - it is in fact essentially a prototype for the final system, designed to transfer a small amount of characters (relatively speaking).

this is the classic brush off, i imagine we wont see them for another 6 months

Sickith
04.24.2012 , 02:03 AM | #30
I do not see why they cannot give the existing customers what they are currently using for the Asia transfers. It may not be the ideal way of doing things but it works! Give this feature to everyone and people will pay for it, i am one of them. Even the money from these transfers could assist in providing the resources needed to finish the development of the final version "to speed things up".

There are many servers die'ing and people are complaining and stop playing because it is hard to find groups for OPs, WZ's and FP's etc

I bet if they gave this to everyone the subs will dramatically increase as well as money from the transfers alone - because not everyone is will to restart new characters.
Sickíth - Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer - Healer) Sicknéss - Jedi Consular (Sage - Healer)

"You've never fought anyone like me. I was Jedi, I am Sith!"