Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how sexist

DarkAssassinWolf
04.23.2012 , 06:34 PM | #1
ok seriously i'm thinking of not playing this game anymore, my freind has a male inquisitor and he has had plenty of flirt options and has even "done it" with an npc, why can't i? having options is what made this game so desirable but to give males so many flirt options and females not is just plain out sexist

Seaxneat
04.23.2012 , 06:44 PM | #2
and entirely worth quitting over....

I highly doubt it was their intention to make the women more prudish than the males. Storyline and believability of character dynamics are a big focus. More women npcs = less men = less options for female characters

the femal characters are completely capable of flirting and "doing it" with the compatible males. even companions if you get their affection high enough

Halcyon-Dtier
04.23.2012 , 06:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAssassinWolf View Post
but to give males so many flirt options and females not is just plain out sexist
I don't think you know what sexism is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism
I'm in this mood because of scorn.
I'm in a mood for total war.
To the darkened skies once more and ever onward.

DeutschGamer
04.23.2012 , 06:45 PM | #4
Its not sexist at all, perhaps bad writing but most definitely not sexist.

You may want to check out other threads about the topic before making your own. Like this one.

And maybe you haven't gotten far enough in the story to find your own flirt options, or female inquisitors romance option. You are taking a small part of the game that is ultimately inconsequential and talking about it like its game breaking; at the end of the day the game is an MMO, and MMOs are not romance sims.

Try a female smuggler, the class is known for being sleazy with the opposite sex. Male smugglers naturally have more options as said above, more female NPCs (to appeal to the largely male population), but I'm sure there are plenty of males to flirt with.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Bhaers
04.23.2012 , 06:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkAssassinWolf View Post
ok seriously i'm thinking of not playing this game anymore
You will stop playing the game because you you can't have sex with an NPC in a video game?

:steps away slowly:
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama

Moitteva
04.23.2012 , 06:52 PM | #6
Hello Everyone,

As we already have an ongoing discussion regarding flirts and romance options for female characters, we will be closing this thread. Please feel free to continue the discussion here: Females never given flirt options?

Thank you for your understanding.