Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Zorn and Toth VS Story Mode Warlord Kephess

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Zorn and Toth VS Story Mode Warlord Kephess

Freeborne
04.23.2012 , 08:02 AM | #1
Which fight would you say has a greater gear check?

We're 3/4 on Story Mode EC and got our first look at Warlord on Saturday. He seems pretty intense, and an (enjoyable) challenge.

To those who have done, how hard was Zorn and Toth in Hard Mode? It looks like only a couple mechanics are different. We're considering trying to do him before the final encounter in Story Mode to help improve our gear.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

DeimosAmon
04.23.2012 , 10:09 AM | #2
Story Mode Kephess is easier than Hard Mode Toth/Zorn. Pretty sure we killed it in a couple attempts having not seen the fight before. Just watch some videos on how the Kephess fight works first, if you have the mechanics down the incoming damage on Story is a lot more manageable than Hard, so there's plenty of room for error.
Lambo Calrassian - 50 Powertech - Sassy Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire
Erebus -- Drooga's Pleasure Barge - Empire
SWTOR Raid Ranks (US 12th, listed under old server/guild name)
Also: Hartmán - Vanguard - Goof Troop

alifaraaz
04.23.2012 , 12:07 PM | #3
I've heard the jump from Story to Hard is quite big, since it's tuned for full a full Rakata raid minimum.

I've not personally done HM Toth and Zorn (first attempt will be tomorrow ), but we managed to beat Kephess in like 4 or 5 tries.

It was all down to the mechanics really, once we got to grips with what was happening, how to deal with the different adds etc is was pretty easy.

Phase One on Story for Kephess is definitely the hardest, once he actually drops down it's pretty easy as long as your tanks know when to switch (or how to kite if you're kiting).
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

goatfoam
04.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #4
Hard mode Zorn and Toth is definitely harder than story mode Kephess in terms of the gear check. The enrage timer is tighter and I would say you have a little less room for error as far as positioning goes. It's a much bigger leap from story to hard than anything in tier 1, though that's not in any way negative.

CBRGhostRider
04.24.2012 , 12:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by goatfoam View Post
Hard mode Zorn and Toth is definitely harder than story mode Kephess in terms of the gear check. The enrage timer is tighter and I would say you have a little less room for error as far as positioning goes. It's a much bigger leap from story to hard than anything in tier 1, though that's not in any way negative.
I agree 100%

FoxyWar
04.24.2012 , 02:41 AM | #6
From a commando healers view Zorn and Toth HM is a horror. One mele messes up the franzy jump and my ammo is gone with no chance to get it back, after that tank dies. As for story mode i have no ammo problems.

Grim-
04.24.2012 , 04:05 AM | #7
Story mode is a joke, we cleared it all in 4 hours without too much problems.

HM on the other hand, well that's a beast.

We have Z&T down, gotten the 2 tanks down to 3% and 5%.

This is with a full Rakata geared raid team.

Aienir
04.24.2012 , 04:35 AM | #8
At the moment my raid team for my guild is 3/4 HM for the new content and I can easily say that the jump from story to hard mode is enormous. Try getting Kephess down before heading into Hard mode and make sure your all in full rakata. Also I'd make sure your team has the mechanics down pat as in hard mode there is little room for mistake,

and by little I mean none.
Raif
PRIME DEFENSE
◈WebsiteChatRecruitmentForums◈
The Tenacious ※ The Vigilant ※ The Prime