Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion alignment and romance-sith warrior

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companion alignment and romance-sith warrior

OldVengeance
04.22.2012 , 08:31 PM | #21
When you reach the point in the story where you finally confront her for the first time in person, the dialogue option is pretty straightforward. At least for a darkside character.

There will eventually come a point where you can say:

1- Join me in darkness (Darkside Points)
2- Too bad you have to die (Darkside Points)
3 - Don't embrace darkness (Lightside points)

Anything you say or do before that is just building up to that moment.

Captain_Zone
04.22.2012 , 08:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
Someone is a bit bias.

I was LS so I went with Vette, but Jaesa is hot. She is a Sith and your apprentice, making seducing her even more entertaining and fruitful (Rule of Two; 'You can't kill me, I gave you bebes!').

I plan on romancing her the next time I go through SW.
Then don't be surprised if DS Jaesa bobbitizes your SW somewhere down the road a ways.

I paraphrase Hank Hill when I say "5 am and already that girl ain't right!"

Have fun with Psycho Hose Beast Jaesa.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Ranadiel_Marius
04.23.2012 , 04:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by masterleonidas View Post
what im getton from this is that most people like romacing dark side jaesa better? I heard u can still romance her light side, but she won't marry u cuz of the jedi code, but she will marry u dark side
No Ashara(a SI companion) is the "fallen jedi" that you can romance but won't marry you because of Jedi traditions. LS Jaesa won't romance you.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

masterleonidas
04.23.2012 , 02:16 PM | #24
thanks yall. I can't wait to romance her! She's goin darkside (even though i'm not)

OldVengeance
04.23.2012 , 03:37 PM | #25
thanks yall. I can't wait to romance her! She's goin darkside (even though i'm not)
If you are a Lightside character I'm actually not sure how it works or even if it is possible. The dialogue option I described above is only available to characters who's overall alignment is either darkside or neutral. I have seen a clip where the Lightside Sith Warrior encounters her and I think there is a darkside option in the dialogue tree I'm not sure what happens when it is selected. I don't think there is any videos of a Lightside character getting darkside Jaesa.

To be honest, I'm not even sure why a Lightside character would want to romance her. Even if one tried it'd probably be pretty tricky unless you leave her on the ship all the time or really dedicate yourself to buying gifts. She's essentially a darkside Sith's dream girl in a lot of ways. So in that sense I find her a lot of fun in a sort of psychotic way. I think It will depend on how well your character matches up to hers.

Shadowsentinel
05.19.2014 , 05:05 AM | #26
Good luck with it. I read somewhere that you can't romance DS Jaesa if you're LS, she chooses some Overseer from Korriban over you,
'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.'

DomiSotto
05.19.2014 , 05:51 AM | #27
Wouldn't touch DS Jaesa with a 10 foot pole - she psychotic, this one, pretty much ready to off her Lord on a whim. Going to do an LS and romance Vette when I play a M!Warrior. Might as well make him a Twi'lek.

eldefail
05.19.2014 , 04:52 PM | #28
I have a few questions about the companions. which male sith warrior romance is better:
Vette or jaesa.

Also, how do ur companions get light/dark side ponits
btw, when tellin me about companion romances spoilers are allowed and appreciated
I haven't actually done the Jaesa romance because I, quite frankly, cannot stand her. I've seen some of it on Youtube because I was curious, and it's radically different from Vette. Dark side Jaesa, aside from her cartoonish and amateurish face heel turn to 110% most evil thing in the galaxy evar, reminded me of an infatuated and obsessed fangirl. I wouldn't call it a real romance, but as much as I detest the character, I also wouldn't call it badly done. I thought it was interesting in its own way, but it was very different from Vette. I will add that with the teacher/student dynamic between the Warrior and dark side Jaesa it seemed a little creepy, for the same reasons I can't romance Mako or Nadia. But for an impulsive, reckless sith warrior Jaesa as a romance partner seems quite fitting.

I romanced Vette as a dark side warrior. Gaining affection with her is really easy if you make vaguely logical decisions, you'll rake in far more affection points than you lose. I did, however, like this romance better because it felt more real and natural. I don't remember picking very many flirt options with her, so in the end it felt like something that went from grudging partnership to friendship to romance, it just...happened. It was sweet, it still had a sort of whirlwind romance feel, but it felt more like a real relationship to me.

Obviously depending on how you play your warrior your mileage may vary. Something you CAN do, though, is sample them both. At some point you'll have a confrontation between Vette and Jaesa where you have to pick one, and end the romance for the other. But up to that point, you can sample what both of them have to offer and see which one appeals to you most. I prefer Vette, but I'm also seemingly a small minority that doesn't even like Jaesa to begin with, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

If spoilers are okay with you, you might consider watching the first few parts of their respective romances on youtube.

Karkais
05.20.2014 , 11:37 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
Character screen template. Was simply never removed. Companions cannot gain alignment.
Im pretty sure they have a fixed alignment.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette