Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

APAC character transfer: working with 'name placeholder' characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
APAC character transfer: working with 'name placeholder' characters

Kronixis
04.21.2012 , 08:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Customer Service will absolutely be able to help you in that (hopefully unlikely) scenario.
Thanks Stephen.

Can customer service droids help us rename some characters _prior_ to the AP transfers, so that we can ensure we keep our most-valued usernames and still retain room for our incoming characters?

namelless
04.21.2012 , 10:09 AM | #12
Excellent news! I was hoping it would work this way.

Thank you for the quick clarification.
Elagabalus- Sith Sorcerer(alt)
Commodus- Scoundrel(main)

Mattzky
04.21.2012 , 05:40 PM | #13
Ok cool.

Super peeved right now. Did not even think of having to reserve my name AGAIN.. thinking that I would have preference due do pre-ordering and already reserving the name once.

Just found out my name I have used since Day 1 of global launch on my 50 char has been taken on the destination server >.< I will hunt you down

*sighs*

Aussiedroid
04.22.2012 , 08:30 PM | #14
Really appreciate the info (and thanks for taking notice of our concerns) - I am feeling a lot better about the transfer process now.
... No, I'm not the droid your looking for!

Ignicity
04.22.2012 , 09:24 PM | #15
One more question.

It states in the FAQ's:

Q. What happens if my Legacy name is already taken on my selected Asia Pacific server?

A. If your Legacy name is already taken on the selected Asia Pacific server, you will be prompted to choose a new Legacy name when you log into the server.

My question is, will we be given the option to change our Legacy Name upon transfer. For example, I have a level 31 legacy on The Swiftsure and no legacy on Master Dar'Nala. If i transfer a character to Master Dar'Nala, will I be able to rename my Legacy even if it's not taken?

michaelra
04.22.2012 , 11:06 PM | #16
Glad to read about this! I made that assumption process before but it's good to know that it really is valid and official.

Just hope that within that split seconds, no one else happens to create the placeholder character names we are about to rename to after deletion lol
Lyonnie (Tank | Jedi Shadow) | Lyon (DPS | Sniper) @Balmorra server

StephenReid
04.23.2012 , 11:11 AM | #17
Hey all, thanks for feedback. Looks like I covered most questions but here's are answers for a couple of outstanding ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by StarKiwi View Post
Will the procedure be the same if the legacy name I am transferring over to one of the Asia Pacific servers already exists - i.e I'll get the option to change it?
Hey StarKiwi - the answer is yes. From the FAQ:

Quote:
If your Legacy name is already taken on the selected Asia Pacific server, you will be prompted to choose a new Legacy name when you log into the server.
Also do note what happens if you've already unlocked Legacy on an APAC server - you'll keep that Legacy name regardless:

Quote:
If you have played a character on an Asia Pacific server to the point where you have unlocked your Legacy and chosen your Legacy name, then all characters created on or imported to your selected Asia Pacific server will use that Legacy name.
Here's a related question:

Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
My question is, will we be given the option to change our Legacy Name upon transfer. For example, I have a level 31 legacy on The Swiftsure and no legacy on Master Dar'Nala. If i transfer a character to Master Dar'Nala, will I be able to rename my Legacy even if it's not taken?
Good news Ignicity - yes, you will! Essentially after transfer you'll be presented with the same 'choose your Legacy name' dialog you saw after first completing Chapter 1 of the game. The only exception is if you have already unlocked Legacy on your destination APAC server; that name will take precedence.

ChinamanAthena
04.23.2012 , 01:07 PM | #18
My question is when will everyone on any server be able to have server transfers? im sure this will get moved, but i couldnt find the old server transfer thread that we had compiled together and saw this instead. Will we see server transfers for everyone soon since it is obviously already implemented into the game, it shouldnt take much longer to server transfers for every server up. Why have we had no word on this, when so many people have asked? will we ever get a straight answer from a dev or someone who works at bio when this will be available? I desperately need to transfer 2 characters from one account to another. Please give me an answer, please!

StephenReid
04.23.2012 , 03:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ChinamanAthena View Post
Will we see server transfers for everyone soon since it is obviously already implemented into the game, it shouldnt take much longer to server transfers for every server up.
As I've mentioned before, the character transfer system for Asia-Pacific servers is not the final system - it is in fact essentially a prototype for the final system, designed to transfer a small amount of characters (relatively speaking).

The final character transfer system is in development now and is a high priority for the development team. However, as this is a complex technical challenge with many 'moving parts' it will not be available until some time after the Asia-Pacific character transfer process is finished. When we have more details and a more accurate ETA to share, we will do so.

Balbanes_Beoulve
04.23.2012 , 03:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
As a reminder: these instructions only apply to the Asia-Pacific character transfer system. A more advanced character transfer system is being developed.
Thanks for the info, the fact your admitting "a more advanced character transfer system is being developed" gives me at least some hope.
In the other language forums the mods haven't mentioned this as far as i could read. The usual answer is "transfers are not possible at this moment" which is a lot more vague than your statement.