Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Shadow
Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Payneintherear
04.23.2012 , 07:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jbuschell View Post
Uhh not really, yeah it mitigates some Dmg, but not to the point where the survivability is gamebreaking as an all out dps spec VG have you even played one?
Are you spinning this into a "Vanguards are the squishiest class, but I don't know why" argument?

I couldn't care less about Vanguard's survivability, but to state that they are squishy as hell, because armor doesn't matter is ignorant. Most skills are subject to armor mitigation and having heavy armor is a huge boon.

jbuschell
04.23.2012 , 08:38 AM | #12
No I'm not spinning it that way, I'm not even talking about the tank specs either, because through talents I will say that tank vgs do have better survivability then a KC shadow especially if they're both wearing dps gear. All I'm saying is that assault VG doesn't have great survivability that's all I'm saying and I would say my balance shadow has it better when it comes to surviving simply because of force cloak.

All in all though I do appreciate the video and will not discuss this further.
E-Thuggin since 1987

StephenTheOne
04.23.2012 , 10:44 AM | #13
Nice! but 23/1/17 is still the best spec EVAR!
Stevey Skyswagger
FOUNDATION STONE

Exzileforgotten
04.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #14
Either way you cut it heavy to to light armor is I want to say 6% mitigation increase. With most of the skills mitigated by the armor stat its silly to wear a robe. To say 6% is not is a lot is also silly. Think of it in terms of expertise and how much expertise you need to get 6% damage reduction.

Exzileforgotten
04.23.2012 , 11:33 AM | #15
To follow my post up none of the mitigation matters anyways when the TTK meta is all about who can global who faster

Payneintherear
04.23.2012 , 11:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Exzileforgotten View Post
Either way you cut it heavy to to light armor is I want to say 6% mitigation increase. With most of the skills mitigated by the armor stat its silly to wear a robe. To say 6% is not is a lot is also silly. Think of it in terms of expertise and how much expertise you need to get 6% damage reduction.
Hmm, not sure how you figure it's 6% (although you do concede the point that light vs. heavy is not a trivial difference in mitigation). Between light and heavy there are about 15% difference in mitigation.

Exzileforgotten
04.23.2012 , 11:52 AM | #17
I honestly just pulled 6% out of my butt no lies there. But even at 15% thats absurdly tankier then a robe!

Exzileforgotten
04.23.2012 , 11:55 AM | #18
I have been a avid balance promoter for a long time but lets face it. They are just a sage with a handicap of less range. You do get the defensive CD that may let you stay alive slightly longer. Then you can pretend your a vanguard

alkhattabi
04.23.2012 , 04:03 PM | #19
thx shin what do u think about theses stats

Balance:
Melee
Accuracy 95.34%
Critical Chance 30.31%

Inf/kc dps :
Melee
Accuracy 95.34%
Critical Chance 17.30%

is the accuracy and crit enough in each spec ?

Tharryth
04.23.2012 , 04:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Exzileforgotten View Post
I honestly just pulled 6% out of my butt no lies there. But even at 15% thats absurdly tankier then a robe!
WOW. If thats true I'm so NOT touching that 6%.
Thanks in Advance
Captain Mar-Vell, Mirialan Smuggler "It's not easy being a green being."