Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Colonel Vorgath - RNG? ENRAGE? ***?

TiTaNsFaN
04.23.2012 , 04:47 AM | #1
Hello SWtoR forumgoers.

I was hoping somebody could give me some tips on helping my raid with Hard Mode Colonel Vorgath.

For whatever reason, we keep hitting an enrage on the turrets (the big ones before the boss fight) which wipes our whole raid. The only completion videos I've seen have all only had to down 3 Probes and disarm 3 bombs in order to make it all the way through.

UNFORTUNATELY, it seems the number of disarms is completely random, from 3 on a lucky run to 5 if you are very unlucky. My raid almost always had 4 miniboss fights minimum, and while we were beating the enrage on those fights we still were unable to make it all the way across before the turrets enraged and killed us.

SO... is this an intentional massive DPS gear check that we need to farm black hole gear for to be able to down 4 minibosses super fast... OR is it completely RNG based in that if we get a lucky grid layout (only 3 disarms) you can progress to the boss and clear.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET 3 BOMB DISARMS EVERY TIME? AGHHH FRUSTRATION.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Magnesium
04.23.2012 , 05:20 AM | #2
If you get only 3 disarms, the fight is rather easy and allows for a bit of DPS slack, 4 disarms allows for almost none.

The first time we tried this we also thought that getting 3 is the only way to get it done but we have done it with 4, you just have almost no room for errors or BUGS (Yes it has some).

I have to add I have ALWAYS seen 2x 4 disarm routes, I just try to find the 3x route if I can (If the map has it and I can normally tell within 30s if is does), otherwise we factor in going for 4. The key is avoid downtime from getting your Probe found and DPS'd, Ideally you want to get the probe and then determine the best path while they DPS the probe. If you time these correctly then you should be summoning your 4th Probe around the 3.30-3.40 Mark on the timer, which leaves very little time before the 4.30 enrage on the turrets. **Remember you still need 5s to disarm and time to run to the console to de-activate.

Big advice... don't bother with the far right line, because the last block at the top of that is a wall and getting that does not help you at all (Unless there is a rare pattern that has the block directly to it's left green and therefore only a 4 pattern at best).

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

Magnesium
04.23.2012 , 05:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TiTaNsFaN View Post
IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET 3 BOMB DISARMS EVERY TIME? AGHHH FRUSTRATION.
Just to confirm that getting 3 is totally random and if you do get it, makes life easier but there is no way besides using a set pattern to quickly find it and if you don't see it you can only reset and hope it is there on your next go, but it can and has been done with 4x disarms, so keep plugging away, just get the probe DPS started earlier while you figure out your route, but remember to have it ready before you kill it and it does have it's own independent enrage timer.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

DeimosAmon
04.23.2012 , 10:16 AM | #4
As soon as you place a yellow square start the induction to get a probe droid and spawn one. Don't wait for someone to call for a spawn, the group below needs to always be able to handle rapid probe spawns. It might also help you if you send a DPS class up top with whoever is doing the grid to kill the first add faster, allowing them to spawn the first probe faster. Lastly make sure you aren't wasting DPS on Assassination Droids, just have someone run into them away from the group.
Lambo Calrassian - 50 Powertech - Sassy Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire
Erebus -- Drooga's Pleasure Barge - Empire
SWTOR Raid Ranks (US 12th, listed under old server/guild name)
Also: Hartmán - Vanguard - Goof Troop

TiTaNsFaN
04.23.2012 , 11:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DeimosAmon View Post
As soon as you place a yellow square start the induction to get a probe droid and spawn one. Don't wait for someone to call for a spawn, the group below needs to always be able to handle rapid probe spawns. It might also help you if you send a DPS class up top with whoever is doing the grid to kill the first add faster, allowing them to spawn the first probe faster. Lastly make sure you aren't wasting DPS on Assassination Droids, just have someone run into them away from the group.
Can any (Rakata geared) class survive the explosion with a sorc shield up? (from running into an assassination droid)

DeimosAmon
04.23.2012 , 12:26 PM | #6
Can any (Rakata geared) class survive the explosion with a sorc shield up? (from running into an assassination droid)
I would imagine so. We didn't try having a Sorcerer explode them, probably the squishiest class which could. When the group is mobile and they're in front the tank would explode them. Otherwise a Marauder would get them with one of their various CDs. When neither of those happened we had a Merc stunning one, blowing up the other, getting healed, then blowing up the stunned one.
Lambo Calrassian - 50 Powertech - Sassy Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire
Erebus -- Drooga's Pleasure Barge - Empire
SWTOR Raid Ranks (US 12th, listed under old server/guild name)
Also: Hartmán - Vanguard - Goof Troop

Iandayen
04.23.2012 , 04:57 PM | #7
8 man Hard is completely doable with 4 probes in only full rakata.

16 man you could probably do 5.

You just have to be fast at both killing the probes and disarming and getting the next one out.

There is always a path to take that only requires 4 probes. 3 probes is a feel good get lucky type of thing but not needed at all.

You have 5 minutes to make it through the mine field before the enrage on the turrets happen.

on 8 man hard mode if there is a probe up we just CC the assassin droids until the probe is down then burn them or have an assassin or maurader pop cooldowns and blow them up.
Hardpeck - Arsenal Mercenary
Ambient.enjin.com

TiTaNsFaN
04.24.2012 , 01:18 AM | #8
We were able to down it tonight; we had 6 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank... It's a really heavy DPS gear check.

xenofire
04.24.2012 , 04:02 AM | #9
We were able to down it tonight; we had 6 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank... It's a really heavy DPS gear check.
It's really not. It's just a mistake check.

You should never have a case when your dps is not killing a munitions droid, one needs to spawn right as the previous one dies. You can soak all the assassin droids and never have to kill any of them. In 16 man we've finished 4x with over a minute left, when we did the PTS with 8 we had about 30s left on enrage after 4x droid/disarm. It's all about flow. We used 2 tanks, 2 heals, 6 dps in our 8.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Aurojiin
04.24.2012 , 04:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
We used 2 tanks, 2 heals, 6 dps in our 8.
Please, share your secrets