Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are we missing level 50 Techstaff from Armstech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Are we missing level 50 Techstaff from Armstech?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WLpride
04.19.2012 , 06:47 PM | #1
Every other kind of staff, what about Techstaff rank 50?

DarthDegwerks
04.19.2012 , 07:10 PM | #2
Its there but called an Electrostaff in the name of it. Like Generals Electrostaff or something. I've made several purple versions for Torian and Scorpio. Its there just don't go by the name itself.

WLpride
04.19.2012 , 11:57 PM | #3
Oh, sorry I mean the regular green-blue-purple non-Orange Techstaff.. There is every other weapon it seems.

Still couldn't find it I'll check some more later..

Rhaphael
04.20.2012 , 03:16 AM | #4

TyeWebb
04.20.2012 , 05:28 AM | #5
The Grand Vanquisher was moved down to lvl 48 for some reason with patch 1.2, pre 1.2 it was lvl 50. All the techstaffs appear to have had their lvl requirement moved down 1-2 levels with the patch, not really sure why.

WLpride
04.20.2012 , 10:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TyeWebb View Post
The Grand Vanquisher was moved down to lvl 48 for some reason with patch 1.2, pre 1.2 it was lvl 50. All the techstaffs appear to have had their lvl requirement moved down 1-2 levels with the patch, not really sure why.
Ya that's what I noticed too. It's strange though because there lv50 elecrostaff/guns/knives everything else except Techstaff that seems strange. Only lv50 techstaff is the Orange ones.

WLpride
04.23.2012 , 09:23 AM | #7
No level 50 techstaff int the game anymore. There were level 50 but are now level 48.

I think this is a bug or oversight. Can anyone else confirm?

Luno
04.23.2012 , 09:58 AM | #8
I picked up an Orange quality staff from the GTN last week for a Companion (SCORPIO). It took a Barrel instead of a Hilt. I thought it was a Techstaff, but I'll have to check.

DavidHunt
04.23.2012 , 10:52 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by WLpride View Post
No level 50 techstaff int the game anymore. There were level 50 but are now level 48.

I think this is a bug or oversight. Can anyone else confirm?
They have level 50 stats, but require level 48. Crafting items often get a small required level reduction, and techblades and techstaffs have an additional reduction because of their generally limited availability.

WLpride
04.23.2012 , 11:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Luno View Post
I picked up an Orange quality staff from the GTN last week for a Companion (SCORPIO). It took a Barrel instead of a Hilt. I thought it was a Techstaff, but I'll have to check.
Yes, there is Orange lv 50 Techstaff, but no regular non-Orange Techstaff.