Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ship landing cut scene bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

QuinlanSaathis
04.23.2012 , 04:55 AM | #1
When my ship is approaching a planet or space-station all I see is a black screen with stars. No ship and no planet.
Its starting to get rather annoying.

So far its only happening with two of my characters, at least one is not affected and it seems random.
Ideas?

Gatzoh
04.23.2012 , 04:59 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings QuinlanSaathis

First of all, please use the repair function located in the launcher options. Start the launcher and click on the cog icon in the bottom left hand corner and then click on 'Repair' - optional additional times and corrupted files will be repaired.

If that doesn't fix the issue, please provide us your DXdiag, Launcher- and Client-Log as described at this post.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Gatzoh | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

QuinlanSaathis
04.23.2012 , 05:22 AM | #3
The repair button is greyed out and this message is next to it.
"The repair option is activated after patching has completed or when errors are detected while patching"

So I guess no errors were detected?

I submitted a ingame ticket and replied to that email with the dxdiag and logs.

I really posted this to see if anyone else has the same issue as I searched for a thread for ages. Can't believe this is a issue affecting me alone.

Gatzoh
04.23.2012 , 05:33 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi QuinlanSaathis,

If the repair function is not available I ask you to delete the "Patch" folder and "patcher.version" file located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\ Star Wars - The Old Republic\”. Afterwards please download the SWTOR_setup.exe and install it, overwriting your existing installation folder (no game data will be updated, just launcher files).

The mentioned repair function should now be available.

QuinlanSaathis
04.23.2012 , 05:38 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatzoh View Post
Hi QuinlanSaathis,

If the repair function is not available I ask you to delete the "Patch" folder and "patcher.version" file located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\ Star Wars - The Old Republic\. Afterwards please download the SWTOR_setup.exe and install it, overwriting your existing installation folder (no game data will be updated, just launcher files).

The mentioned repair function should now be available.

I deleted the patcher.version but I do not have a Patch folder.
I ran that software you linked and got to a install window that said space required 25GB.
I do not want to reinstall this entire game or download it all again.

Are you 100% sure this will NOT install the full game again?

Gatzoh
04.23.2012 , 05:47 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinlanSaathis View Post
[...] Are you 100% sure this will NOT install the full game again?
Greetings again,

Yes, you won't be forced to install or re-download any essential game data - just launcher files.

QuinlanSaathis
04.23.2012 , 05:52 AM | #7
Ok you were correct about it loading only launcher files but it did not fix the issue. The repair button is still unusable.

My mistake, I refreshed the launcher with a restart and the repair button became active.

QuinlanSaathis
04.23.2012 , 06:01 AM | #8
Just tested it and the repair did not fix the issue with the disappearing ship and planets.

OrlithNightfire
04.24.2012 , 06:39 AM | #9
Yeah, i have the same bug. didn't originally. done all requested above and still it persists. Might have been something in one of the patch updates maybe?
Do not wake a sleeping dragon, for you taste good with ketchup.

mnihan
04.24.2012 , 06:43 AM | #10
I tried the same steps, but to no avail. My ship and the planet disappears during the cut scene. Also, I still have issues with companions disappearing during cut scenes OR (especially on my ship) showing my companion twice. Once in action and the other idle.