Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark side choices...how do you feel about them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Dark side choices...how do you feel about them?

maxetius
04.21.2012 , 01:39 AM | #41
They generally make my smile.

Captain_Zone
04.21.2012 , 01:42 AM | #42
I actually find a lot of DS choices in the game to be extremely stupid. There are some exceptions that actually make sense, but most are either not tactically sound, or there is just no reason for it. I tried going DS at first with my SW, but decided to reroll because I was sick of feeling like a tool. I enjoyed the LS storyline for the SW quite a bit more, since I could be a "good guy" while still being an ******* to Baras and other NPCs that deserved it.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Malrus
04.21.2012 , 01:50 AM | #43
I'm generally dark side except for a few things that I think would help the empire in the long run if I pick the light side option.

The only regrets I have had were both on Balmorra

1. when I killed a whole lot of force users in some cave that weren't a threat and were just going to work on farms or something because they didn't know they had the force until they were to old or something.

2. When I told on an officer who got me to kill his wife because she cheated on him. I genuinely felt bad for the guy. His **** of a wife cheated on him (who I killed by the way) and now he is going to lose his job.

Darth_Solrac
04.21.2012 , 10:09 AM | #44
Mostly, they have been awesome. An exception that made me wince, & still regret is the Nar Shadaa Bonus Series. My Sorc was in the last stage of pushing the Republic off planet. To sharply discourage their return, this nasty operative or bounty hunter or wth he was suggested that we shoot down a Republic civilian transport trying to leave into space, was full of military families.

I gave the order. Khem loved it.....I almost immediately regretted it. Regretted killing that defenseless, cheating officer chick on Balmorra too. Other than that, cake.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

SavageWolf
04.22.2012 , 03:47 AM | #45
The one thing that really bugged me was when the BH was trying to get a politicain infiltrator into the rebel ranks...and this guy is a pretty boy. The sith gives the option to punch him(dark side-to make sure it looks like he was tortured) or to leave it.

I chose darkside...becuase unless the republics are morons looking at a guy with a perfectly fine face that has been beaten by the imps would be a pretty big giveaway for an undercover agent.

alricka
04.22.2012 , 07:13 AM | #46
It really depends on the situation.

Sometimes the Dark Side option is not tactically sound and seeing how I try to play my character as the machievellian type, I have made plenty of Light Side choices. I'm a Sith Warrior going into my 49th level and nearing the end of the class story and the most evil I've ever been is Dark I. Currently I'm neutral and plan to stay that way. And yet my character definitely is a bad guy, no doubt about it; he's just not a slave to his base urges.

On the other hand, sometimes the Light Side option is too weak or ineffective. Or even stupid - an example is the world story on Taris in which at the end you have the option to attack a rival Sith NPC who has been a constant torn at your side. This option is of course, Dark Side, but really - it's just common sense. The said NPC had clearly put me on her "To kill" list, so if I didn't attack her, she would have attacked me. If the Light Side demands I always turn the other cheeck and allow others to betray me, I don't want to do that. So I'm neutral and still keep my wits.

But it really depends on the situation. The only Dark Side choice I recently regretted was on Corellia, where I
Spoiler

Celacia
04.22.2012 , 08:32 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by alricka View Post
On the other hand, sometimes the Light Side option is too weak or ineffective. Or even stupid - an example is the world story on Taris in which at the end you have the option to attack a rival Sith NPC who has been a constant torn at your side. This option is of course, Dark Side, but really - it's just common sense. The said NPC had clearly put me on her "To kill" list, so if I didn't attack her, she would have attacked me. If the Light Side demands I always turn the other cheeck and allow others to betray me, I don't want to do that. So I'm neutral and still keep my wits.
The only problem I have had with killing that person is
Spoiler

JediElf
04.22.2012 , 12:35 PM | #48
I love the dark side choice, and I love just how dark some of them really are. Honestly it actually gets a bit difficult to level a full dark side character because eventually, you get to a point where your personal morality and your characters morality clash.

For the first time in a game, in a long long time, I actually felt like a horrible person for making a choice. it's a real credit to the writers, that they've crafted, such a complex moral system. Not everything blue is always 'good' and something a red choice is the best option you have...either way it's not an easy decision.

It's brilliant, and really keeps me int he game.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Bhaers
04.22.2012 , 11:41 PM | #49
On my IA I am seeing some choices that I will spend quite a bit of time considering why I am taking the dark option.

The hardest choices I have found though are those where you take a choice and you can hear the horror in the voice of a later NPC. Maybe a relative of the person you just killed, maybe a guard who looks at what you have done and shows it in his voice.

IA chapter 1 spoiler:
Spoiler

or as a minor quest Injecting Quell into the water supply of the slaves on Kaas can get a response from the Imp Army guard that makes me feel ashamed.

The writers are doing a BRILLIANT job.
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama