Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Projectile versus Shock

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Projectile versus Shock

Megatfx
12.17.2011 , 02:45 AM | #1
On beta I played a Jedi Consular. Now I play a Sith Sorc.

Why? Because of those two abilities.

The tooltip on both reads "Instant", and they are equivalent spells as far as damage goes.

The primary difference?

With projectile you have to wait for the rocks to lift off the ground and then fly to your target before it does damage.

Shock?

The second you press the ability it does damage.

It doesn't sound like much, but it can make or break a lot of fights, whether or not you get the kill before the person gets a heal off, etc.

Why is there such a massive imbalance between these two abilities?

Endofwow
12.17.2011 , 03:21 AM | #2
i would argue against you actually. i like the delay as it hits at the same time my next move hits making for a larger burst. then add in the chance to double throw and double crit...burst dmg is nice

JediEwokFluff
12.17.2011 , 05:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
On beta I played a Jedi Consular. Now I play a Sith Sorc.

Why? Because of those two abilities.

The tooltip on both reads "Instant", and they are equivalent spells as far as damage goes.

The primary difference?

With projectile you have to wait for the rocks to lift off the ground and then fly to your target before it does damage.

Shock?

The second you press the ability it does damage.

It doesn't sound like much, but it can make or break a lot of fights, whether or not you get the kill before the person gets a heal off, etc.

Why is there such a massive imbalance between these two abilities?
That is a significant difference.

Do other classes have similar issues?
I did it for the mouse droid.
"The bounties of space, of infinite outwardness, were three: empty heroics, low comedy, and pointless death." - Kurt Vonnegut on Star Wars: The Old Republic's PvE, story, and PvP features.