Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Potential Lore Theories (Sith Warrior/Assassin)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Potential Lore Theories (Sith Warrior/Assassin)

Revan_Bloodraven's Avatar


Revan_Bloodraven
04.22.2012 , 01:02 PM | #1
So I am writing a fanfiction and have run into a few problems. The lore. There are certain questions I have that are unanswered or I just don't feel like replaying the intro to find out. These contain potential spoilers, so read at your own discretion.
1: What was the name of the room you find Vette in? I just need to name the blasted thing and all I can come up with is "Prisoner Cells" which sounds slightly redundant and awkward.
2: What were the names of the two "Brutish Fellows" that were brothers. They gang up on you in the training room, if I remember correctly.
3: How manipulative was Darth Baras in the beginning, and what would be ways to side step him.
4. Would you describe the force as "A collection of organisms sharing a collective conscious similar to a deity"?

These are the questions I have for now.
t ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ to any flames.

alricka's Avatar


alricka
04.22.2012 , 02:07 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Bloodraven View Post
1: What was the name of the room you find Vette in? I just need to name the blasted thing and all I can come up with is "Prisoner Cells" which sounds slightly redundant and awkward.
I think that it isn't referred as anything else. So why don't invent a name yourself?

Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Bloodraven View Post
2: What were the names of the two "Brutish Fellows" that were brothers. They gang up on you in the training room, if I remember correctly.
I don't know. Sorry.

Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Bloodraven View Post
3: How manipulative was Darth Baras in the beginning, and what would be ways to side step him.
Have you played through the Sith Warrior storyline? If not, be prepared for spoilers:
Spoiler


Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Bloodraven View Post
4. Would you describe the force as "A collection of organisms sharing a collective conscious similar to a deity"?
No, not really. It sounds like the Killik Hive Mind more than the Force. The Force is a collection of the life energies of all living beings; it's everywhere, but it's not conscious and sentient, at least not in any conventional sense. The Force is incomprehencible, really.

Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Bloodraven View Post
These are the questions I have for now.
t ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ to any flames.
You're welcome. Hope it helps.

Revan_Bloodraven's Avatar


Revan_Bloodraven
04.22.2012 , 02:53 PM | #3
Thank you! In my Fanfic I slightly deviate from the actual lore by A: Representing the force as being self-aware, albeit secretly, to the point where it is slightly manipulating events to happen in the way it chooses. It is neither "light side" or "dark side" preferring a more neutral zone. It refers to itself as "we".

B: Darth Baras is still manipulative, but I give a more insightful view of his mindset. Having gotten as far as level 38 warrior, I don't know everything, but here is some of the insight I give the reader (Contains lore spoilers):
Spoiler


It's rather interesting to give you main antagonist some good qualities, and I would like to continue to do this. But is it believable? Thank you for your answers. I still have to come up with a believable name for the cells, though...

alricka's Avatar


alricka
04.22.2012 , 03:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Bloodraven View Post
Thank you! In my Fanfic I slightly deviate from the actual lore by A: Representing the force as being self-aware, albeit secretly, to the point where it is slightly manipulating events to happen in the way it chooses. It is neither "light side" or "dark side" preferring a more neutral zone. It refers to itself as "we".
Many characters in the lore do believe that the Force is influencing life and vice versa (hence phrases like "the will of the Force" or "may the Force be with you" etc.), so that is sound and canon-friendly. It's just the part where it's conscious to the point where it's capable of even forming a concept of self to refer to that's a deviation. But to each his own, and I totally should see where you want to go with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Revan_Bloodraven View Post
B: Darth Baras is still manipulative, but I give a more insightful view of his mindset. Having gotten as far as level 38 warrior, I don't know everything, but here is some of the insight I give the reader (Contains lore spoilers):
Spoiler


It's rather interesting to give you main antagonist some good qualities, and I would like to continue to do this. But is it believable? Thank you for your answers. I still have to come up with a believable name for the cells, though...
Spoiler


Otherwise, good writing style. Nice and tight.

Revan_Bloodraven's Avatar


Revan_Bloodraven
04.22.2012 , 03:26 PM | #5
Yes, that is factored into the equation. I wasn't sure if he was aware of her at the beginning. I'm still kind of in the beginning of my story (chapter 4). I only mentioned that
Spoiler


I wanted to show that his care was rather forced with a sense of honor. He was "honor" bound to carry it out. He would betray anyone else, I'm sure. But when
Spoiler
I think he would find it insulting. Again, I'm trying to give some good qualities to my main antagonist, and this is what I came up with.

Thank you for the compliment, btw.