Reverse Engineering Issues

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have made a few orange pieces since patch 1.2 with my Synthweaving, including:

Battlemaster,Various Pieces (Heavy)

War Hero, Various Pieces (Heavy, Light)

Marauder Elite Headgear (Medium)

Warrior's Leggings (Medium)

Resilient Polyplast Vest (Medium)

In each case, when I mouse over the tooltip it says "No Research Available" as well as "Requires Synthweaving (xxx)".

This leads me to believe that I can Reverse Engineer the pieces for Materials only.

However, when I try, I get the message "This item cannot be reverse engineered".

Are other players having this problem? Other crew skills, too, or just Synthweaving?

I have made a few orange pieces since patch 1.2 with my Synthweaving, including:

Battlemaster,Various Pieces (Heavy)

War Hero, Various Pieces (Heavy, Light)

Marauder Elite Headgear (Medium)

Warrior's Leggings (Medium)

Resilient Polyplast Vest (Medium)

In each case, when I mouse over the tooltip it says "No Research Available" as well as "Requires Synthweaving (xxx)".

This leads me to believe that I can Reverse Engineer the pieces for Materials only.

However, when I try, I get the message "This item cannot be reverse engineered".

Are other players having this problem? Other crew skills, too, or just Synthweaving?

No (empty) orange gear in the game can be RE'ed by any class.

I guess the "Requires Synthweaving (xxx)" tooltip can be misleading and could be considered a bug. Maybe in the future this will change and (at least crafted) orange gear will be made RE'able.

If you throw an armoring mod into these pieces of gear, it will let you reverse engineer and get back crafting materials.

Does not work with Artifice and i.e. a crafted Lightsaber FYI. Tried one mod in each slot without any luck.

Does not work with Artifice and i.e. a crafted Lightsaber FYI. Tried one mod in each slot without any luck.

Also doesn't work with Armstech and weapons. I'd say its only for armors, not for weapons (or at least, not for the new Custom-built and Elegant Modified weapons)