Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kourage
04.21.2012 , 01:05 PM | #141
Item sounds completely worthless. Thanks BioWare.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Neptuno
04.22.2012 , 02:23 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by napeh View Post
People will stop quitting and complaining if ...
it doesn't matter what you put after if, this isn't true.

While it would be good if they could patch what they said the first time, I think they've done a great job at getting information out as soon as it's solid intel. Maybe bad news isn't something people like to read, but it comes out quick.
There amount of infrastructure work to get cross realm pvp has to be huge though as you have to have a character/account linked to multiple servers at once times the number of players pvping. I'm confident they'll get it done, but it would be awesome if they did it faster than another few months.

johnduane
04.22.2012 , 05:39 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandriell View Post
So you are mad at Bioware for not implementing the feature you made up in your head?
No. They are upset because World of Warcraft allows you to purchase TRUE legacy items, that start at level 1 and go to 80 on any character. When you get to 80, you can mail it to a brand new alt who is level 1 and use it again. Pretty much what the word legacy means. Blizzard made it up in THEIR heads and it is very useful and popular.

FunkBandit
04.22.2012 , 05:57 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by johnduane View Post
No. They are upset because World of Warcraft allows you to purchase TRUE legacy items, that start at level 1 and go to 80 on any character. When you get to 80, you can mail it to a brand new alt who is level 1 and use it again. Pretty much what the word legacy means. Blizzard made it up in THEIR heads and it is very useful and popular.
I am all for being original but some things just work and need to be copied. The concept behind legacy items is awesome but another poor implementation. Do people really grind to get these items?

illgot
04.22.2012 , 06:13 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by FunkBandit View Post
I am all for being original but some things just work and need to be copied. The concept behind legacy items is awesome but another poor implementation. Do people really grind to get these items?
They are trying to reinvent the wheel. Guess what we still use after millions of years.

Daedricon
04.23.2012 , 12:50 AM | #146
Honestly they should just make it level with you. There's absolutely no point in getting them if they don't. Yes Blizz came up with the idea but Blizz took ideas from Everquest since it was one of the first MMOs. In the industry they all borrow ideas, copy them, or whatever. WoW's heirloom items made you want to make alts, yes the gear wasn't good at endgame but it wasn't suppose to be.

They want us to create alts to use this broken feature? You will only use the item for maybe 1-2 levels, if that's the case I'd rather use an orange item. If the inheritance items were all moddable it would make sense. I assume they think if they make it level up with you then people won't buy the gear other players put in the GTN. As for the server I play on 80% of the items are over priced. Since they changed how people were able to get augments now everyone only wants gear with aug slots in them. Before the patch people would only buy purple and orange gear since they would last longer than green and blue.

Hopefully they fix this or change it, this was the BIG selling point for the patch to try and get people back that quit. I think it was poorly implemented just like the RNG system for the rakghoul world event companion mods.

achwas
04.23.2012 , 01:05 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Solgath View Post
yeah really appears Bioware missed the mark with these legacy items, when i heard about it myself i was like, cool heirlooms for my char that lvl as i do... but no, i feel so totally let down with this patch
Yeah, you know you get them for free instead of buying them for ingame creds or commendations, right ? Go support the local economy and buy some orange gear for your alts..... like, getting the legacy whatchamacallit , sell that to a trader and invest the credits.

"My free gift was not gold plated and did not include a Ferrari.... ".... *facepalm*

achwas
04.23.2012 , 01:10 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by FunkBandit View Post
no, you do not grind. you get them for free on mission criticals. In _addition_ to other results ! How dare they^^

The implementation is absolutely ok, otherwise crafting economy would collapse... except for Biochem, which probably be the "fair-haired child" ten years hence

Hitomo_x
04.23.2012 , 01:48 AM | #149
no one is upset cause of WoW, whats wrong with you?

and if I am not msitaken, you can use the weapons for
every alt you will create for that class ...

they should however create orange versions of those weapons

Hitomo_x
04.23.2012 , 01:59 AM | #150