Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flash Point Finder

xkellyx
04.21.2012 , 07:01 AM | #11
I saw this in the Dev tracker and thought it should be restated. I saw some pretty cool suggestions. Here's a place where you can send them...

General Discussion -> Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is looking for your feedback on the game's development once again. This week, with the development team hard at work on the next Game Update, he's asking for feedback on a planned feature.

James takes feedback directly via his Twitter account (@JamesOhlen), but if you're not on Twitter, his question is below and you can give your feedback here which will be passed on to him. You can also cast your vote on a poll.

As always, we ask you to limit your feedback to the question at hand and keep your feedback constructive as well as on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you? Is it forming a group for Operations, for Flashpoints, for Heroics, for something else - or do you have no preference?

As a note; at this time the Group Finder feature in development is limited to searching on a single server only.

You can vote in the attached poll on these options.

As a reminder, you can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen. You can also follow our main account @SWTOR.
All your are belong to us!

tkinnunzero
04.21.2012 , 07:47 AM | #12
I don't see what single-server/cross-server has to do with LFD. Either the LFD system can get you into a Flashpoint group with others from our SWTOR community, or not. That's its job #1, its raison d'Ítre, the measuring stick that determines if it's a success or a failure. The KISS principle in action.

Here, it's right there in the name of the genre:

Massively
Multiplayer <----- this right here!
Role-
Playing
Game

The genre is not about balkanizing playerbases, restricting cross-server movement or denying freedom of association. It's about having role-playing fun with other people on a massive scale.

And for SWTOR, it's time to tear down the walls.

BoneEater
04.21.2012 , 03:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tkinnunzero View Post
I don't see what single-server/cross-server has to do with LFD. Either the LFD system can get you into a Flashpoint group with others from our SWTOR community, or not. That's its job #1, its raison d'Ítre, the measuring stick that determines if it's a success or a failure. The KISS principle in action.

Here, it's right there in the name of the genre:

Massively
Multiplayer <----- this right here!
Role-
Playing
Game

The genre is not about balkanizing playerbases, restricting cross-server movement or denying freedom of association. It's about having role-playing fun with other people on a massive scale.

And for SWTOR, it's time to tear down the walls.
I agree. I refuse to waste my time anymore.

Why a multiplayer game (yes, MMORPG's are multiplayer games, fascinating concept) doesn't have an automated grouping tool in this day and age is beyond me. Imagine that in BF3 for instance. Nobody would buy it, only idiots, and the people who would have bought it, would be outraged (and rightfully so).
All you only-mmo-players with your "work for it" - attitude need to wake up and smell the coffee, because here's the dirty little secret:

Nobody wants to waste hours spamming chat and in the end achieve nothing. A lot of people don't like working in a fu**ing videogame. Fun is subjective, not factbased. Get that in your head and spare us your "work for it" argument.
. Never forget

"Use the force Harry." -Gandalf

xkellyx
04.21.2012 , 03:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by tkinnunzero View Post
I don't see what single-server/cross-server has to do with LFD. Either the LFD system can get you into a Flashpoint group with others from our SWTOR community, or not. That's its job #1, its raison d'Ítre, the measuring stick that determines if it's a success or a failure. The KISS principle in action..
I think this particular aspect is merely a matter of choice, not functionality. As someone pointed out earlier, and also what I experienced in WoW - In a multi-server grouping experience you rarely group with the same players. In a single server environment, you'll see more same players and more of a community-based atmosphere is presented.

Still, it makes little to no difference to me. Both ways have pros and cons. But I would like to see something implemented though. Flashpoints have great storylines. The look like fun. The loots would be nice. But I don't have a spare hours to camp fleet and put a group together. I would rather spend that time playing. As it stands, I have only done about 4 complete Flashpoints. It almost seems like a waste of content. Or at best a carrot on a stick.
All your are belong to us!

WebbUK
04.21.2012 , 03:32 PM | #15
I think an automated LFG system is kind of vital, The Flashpoints are really brilliant, but the huge amount of time and effort required to find a full group, even on full servers, is far too much.

ClydeBaneheart
04.21.2012 , 03:44 PM | #16
I'm sick of having to sit and spin in fleet spamming "LFxM y for HM z." Since no one answers, and if they do, it takes 30 minutes to an hour of this, and I generally have to resort to creative insults to garner attention. And I'm a healer. I don't want to imagine what this will be like on my DPS character. I don't care how it is implemented, so long as it is at this point.

Trineda
04.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #17
Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of LFG and Dungeon Finders, we will be closing this current thread.

This topic was also recently covered in our weekly Community Q&A Blog for February 24th.

Quote:
deusBAAL: Will you be providing a LFG tool? What will be its features? How will it be intended to work and when can we expect it to go live?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Writer): We are hard at work on a much more robust LFG functionality that will quickly help put groups together while still offering the flexibility to decide how you group and what sort of people you want to be grouped with. We’ll release more details as we get closer to release.

We thought you might be interested in James Ohlen's Feedback request regarding a Group Finder. We encourage you to visit and leave your feedback!

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

Have a great day!