Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphics stretched thin

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sephirajo
04.20.2012 , 11:13 AM | #1
Since the graphics card on my computer is going belly up, I've been trying to play TOR on my husband's computer but it's nigh unplayable at the moment because of a graphic's error that makes the characters look like they might have spent one too many hours stretching out on the rack.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled his graphic's drivers. (He has an AMD Radeon HD 6700), I've tried to run the repair on TOR. And god help me, but this fix is way too complicated for me to make heads or tails of. I don't even know where to start with it.

Can someone tell me PLEASE how to fix this problem? screen shots available on request, I have three of them.

Smaois
04.20.2012 , 11:42 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Sephirajo,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a graphical issue.

Please post your DxDiag here.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
This will assist us to troubleshoot the issue further.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Sephirajo
04.20.2012 , 11:53 AM | #3
Spoiler

Smaois
04.20.2012 , 11:59 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Sephirajo,

Thank you for providing you DxDiag.

I recommend that you update your graphics card drivers to the most recent released version.(Catalyst version 12.3, driver version 8.951).

Instructions on how to do this can be found in this help center article.

I also recommend that you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sephirajo
04.20.2012 , 12:53 PM | #5
Is there a mirror for the graphics driver? Whenever I try to get it from ATI's website, the download ramps up to insane times - like trying it right now and it says 3 hours. 3 hours for 162MB. >__<

Smaois
04.20.2012 , 01:18 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Sephirajo,

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend any source other that the manufacturers official website.

However, a member of the community may be able to provide alternative suggestions.

Sorry I could not be of further assistance with this.

Sephirajo
04.20.2012 , 03:43 PM | #7
I was able to get the driver through a friend and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you. <3

Smaois
04.20.2012 , 03:47 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Sephirajo View Post
I was able to get the driver through a friend and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you. <3
Greetings Sephirajo,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

Hope you enjoy playing!