Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Expertise Damage/Mitigation/Healing Scaling Explained

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.2 Expertise Damage/Mitigation/Healing Scaling Explained

L-RANDLE
04.20.2012 , 02:17 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Khoraji View Post
The pvp team lead said that with 1.2 changes Expertise gear > Any PvE gear. I am going to have to side with him on this one. I dont dispute your math, but he probably knows more of whats going on in the background.
And I agree too, but that is under the premise that they were add in EXP to the mod/enh slots and not changing the base stats on anything else... So.... I now use the PvP mod/enhancements so lets use me versus you as an example:

Pre-1.2-I use RAK, you use BM
RAK MODS = BM MODS
RAK ENH = BM ENH
RAK ARMOR= BM ARMOR(????)

.....so the mods and enhancements are a wash, but still have 240HP and +18 main stat more per piece.

Post 1.2= I use RAK with BM MODS/ENH, you got a "buff" of 50EXP (if you kept your original mods, which was a bad joke for players like me).

RAK MODS = BM MODS
RAK ENH = BM ENH
RAK ARMOR= BM ARMOR(????)
.....so the mods and enhancements are a wash, but still have 240HP and +18 main stat more per piece.

So in the end, it STILL boils down to the damn armor slot. I still roll my rakata gear and enabled me not to HAVE to change gear to PvP. I have showed on all three levels its a nerf... that why I said they should have kept the armor slot locked and buffed it to +100EXP. If some at BW said expertise is better than PvE gear, yes it is, but since we can remove those same pieces the root difference is still negligible for the loss of HP you have to take...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Endlight
04.20.2012 , 02:17 PM | #82
What class are you?

I am a merc healer and I get over 4k crits every game after 1.2, had a few over 5k before that. If you cant even keep someone up through 1 DPS even with the nerfs, it is a l2p issue.

Look at the scoreboard when a decent healer is in the game. Our heals are still above 95% of the damage dealers.
I'm a commando and obviously we have a huge a gear discrepancy. Even with out trauma I can't get a 5k heal. I have full champion gear with 1 piece of battle master. Yes I've tried popping my cooldowns and making sure all the buffs I can get on my target are there. Maybe I'm misjudging equal gear, I rarely get a good look at the health pool of my direct opponent, I'm too busy watching my WZ team's health bars.

Khoraji
04.20.2012 , 02:27 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Endlight View Post
I'm a commando and obviously we have a huge a gear discrepancy. Even with out trauma I can't get a 5k heal. I have full champion gear with 1 piece of battle master. Yes I've tried popping my cooldowns and making sure all the buffs I can get on my target are there. Maybe I'm misjudging equal gear, I rarely get a good look at the health pool of my direct opponent, I'm too busy watching my WZ team's health bars.
Gear is your problem. I am full BM with War hero gloves. I also have an Augmented Chest piece, augmented gloves, and augmented mainhand/offhand weapon which adds around 40 endurance and 64 aim.

Keep workin on gear and it will improve, trust me.
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee

Khoraji
04.20.2012 , 02:29 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Spoiler
So in the end the argument is. What is better? 50 expertise or 240 HP and 18mainstat

meh, not that much difference really. but I see what your saying.

EDIT: and for healers, mainstat is not as important. So i am going with expertise.
Ven Zallow refugee

Endlight
04.20.2012 , 02:40 PM | #85
Gear is your problem. I am full BM with War hero gloves. I also have an Augmented Chest piece, augmented gloves, and augmented mainhand/offhand weapon which adds around 40 endurance and 64 aim.

Keep workin on gear and it will improve, trust me.
Problem is, (and this is probably were a lot of my anger comes from, sorry that I've been taking it out on you) that on a PvP server the imbalance of Imperial Battlemasters vs Republics makes this an uphill struggle that I'm not sure will ever even out. My server has a nearly 3:1 Imp:Rep imbalance. Imps took full advantage of Ilum when they could. A good night will see a 40% roughly win ratio, bad nights, well if you see one win you're lucky. I'm looking at months to replace my PvP gear at the rate that I can play of a couple hours a night.

L-RANDLE
04.20.2012 , 02:47 PM | #86
So in the end the argument is. What is better? 50 expertise or 240 HP and 18mainstat

meh, not that much difference really. but I see what your saying.

EDIT: and for healers, mainstat is not as important. So i am going with expertise.
It is though.... Every point of willpower add .14 bonus healing to your Deliverance/Salvation/etc. Secondary stats are are contained in the MOD/ENH slot, which can be a wash when you do what I have done. So for a BiS standpoint, PvE still trumps PvP when you do it this way...

Here are the calcs...
http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/p...ibute-scaling/

Dartagon
04.20.2012 , 02:55 PM | #87
Problem is, (and this is probably were a lot of my anger comes from, sorry that I've been taking it out on you) that on a PvP server the imbalance of Imperial Battlemasters vs Republics makes this an uphill struggle that I'm not sure will ever even out. My server has a nearly 3:1 Imp:Rep imbalance. Imps took full advantage of Ilum when they could. A good night will see a 40% roughly win ratio, bad nights, well if you see one win you're lucky. I'm looking at months to replace my PvP gear at the rate that I can play of a couple hours a night.
On my server we have a massive imperial pop vs small republic pop and the republics dominate us all day/night the same players play all the time. Were on average have 1-2 fresh 50s a game. It becomes a mute point.

Population isnt your problem.
Arkiels Quickfinger
BAMF
Iron Citadel

L-RANDLE
04.20.2012 , 03:03 PM | #88

Agreed, this happened to me as well, but now we have caught up to the imps and their advantage is not there anymore.... Keep fighting bro....

Haeso
04.20.2012 , 03:03 PM | #89
Everyone gained 1% crit, surge, accuracy.

Some players gained all three other class buffs.

Everyone gained expertise damage 'increase' through the removal of reduction.

And this is all compounded by the fact that he who has the most expertise has a huge advantage that is compounded upon by better overall stats - pre-patch champ vs bm, a champ could pretty easily beat the bm. Maybe had to play slightly better in a mirror match.

However postpatch - recruit vs edit: Battlemaster*.. It's not even a contest. Recruit geared players are canon-fodder right now. I can literally 2v1 any combo with most of my BM geared characters if they're wearing recruit. Except perhaps tank + commando/scoundrel healer. Sage healers though, hot knife through butter with their nerfs + the hidden relativistic nerf to all pre-bm gear due to the increased expertise on it.

The primary/endurance stat deficiencies are too massive on recruit - honestly they need to buff recruit to what champion was last patch - give it even more expertise than battlemaster/war hero but way less main stats if you're worried about it replacing gear in PvE, but it needs to be able to compete and once we're all wearing war hero gear which has higher base itemization and SIGNIFICANTLY better stat spread (Surge/power/crit primary spending + the ability to remove our accuracy/alacrity eventually), once you throw in full hero + remodded war hero + augmented remodded war hero? Anyone in recruit (New players or alts) is in for an absolute world of hurt far worse than it was pre-patch. You could at least gear up in PvE and be sub-par for PvP, but you weren't totally worthless. Now? Yeah good luck if you aren't BM geared by the time everyones in BM and kiss your *** goodbye once they're augmented/remodded war hero.
Quote: Originally Posted by Payneful View Post
tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

Khoraji
04.20.2012 , 03:23 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
It is though.... Every point of willpower add .14 bonus healing to your Deliverance/Salvation/etc. Secondary stats are are contained in the MOD/ENH slot, which can be a wash when you do what I have done. So for a BiS standpoint, PvE still trumps PvP when you do it this way...

Here are the calcs...
http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/p...ibute-scaling/
Ok, you seem to be right then. BiS the best way to go is PvE with PvP mods/enh. Just isn't worth my time until I am done getting war-hero lol. Good posts here guys.
Ven Zallow refugee