Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I can't RE Campaign Gear o.O

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
I can't RE Campaign Gear o.O
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Inzi
04.20.2012 , 12:56 AM | #1
I am 400 Synthweaving.

I have an empty shell of a Campaign Force-Mystic's Lower Robe.

When I activate Reverse Engineering, I hover over it, it says I have a 20% chance to learn a schematic.

I click the item, it says I can't RE that item.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Shoogli
04.20.2012 , 01:21 AM | #2
Looks like a bug indeed.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Ludah
04.20.2012 , 01:38 AM | #3
Same problem and no one has responded to my ticket yet either.

It's possible it can be RE'd if you put in a lower lvl mod in it, but I'm not sure how that will affect the chances of learning the orange schematic.
Luder
<Archetype>
Warriors of the Shadow

Callianna
04.20.2012 , 03:45 AM | #4
If it doesn't have mods in it, it is not RE-able which is dumb.

Inzi
04.20.2012 , 03:46 AM | #5
I could have sworn I specifically read a dev post stating that we'd be able to strip the mods out & RE the shell... and separately be able to RE the mods via artifice (obviously you can't do both because you can't be both synth/armormech AND artifice, but that's not the point)
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Seront
04.20.2012 , 08:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzi View Post
I could have sworn I specifically read a dev post stating that we'd be able to strip the mods out & RE the shell... and separately be able to RE the mods via artifice (obviously you can't do both because you can't be both synth/armormech AND artifice, but that's not the point)
Pick up some low level mods off the GTN, pop em in, and see if it works?

jamescloutier
04.20.2012 , 08:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzi View Post
I remember reading that too but there was a ton of mixups & things getting pulled from 1.2. I believe (and this is my gut from everything that I've read to date) that this is a bug and is not working as intended. You could try doing what the other post stated and load it with a cheap armoring slot and try REing it again as that works on orange pieces but I'd wait personally.

Delease
04.20.2012 , 09:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Callianna View Post
If it doesn't have mods in it, it is not RE-able which is dumb.
Was told this too. I tried it with orange gear I crafted myself ( not camp gear ) and it doesn't work.

Karl-Just-Karl
04.20.2012 , 01:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludah View Post
Same problem and no one has responded to my ticket yet either.

It's possible it can be RE'd if you put in a lower lvl mod in it, but I'm not sure how that will affect the chances of learning the orange schematic.
Were you trying to RE a Force-Mystic's Lower Robe as well or another campaign piece?

DavidHunt
04.20.2012 , 02:00 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
This is a bug that we're investigating. As theorized above, you can work around this by inserting low level mods. You only need the armoring. The results of RE will be unaffected - I was able to learn the recipe from the specific item mentioned here with nothing but a level 10 green armoring in the shell.