Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Lockbox Changes Intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing Lockbox Changes Intended?

venomlash
04.19.2012 , 12:30 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
Response to my ticket on this issue, sounds promising:

Greetings [REDACTED]

I am Protocol Droid [REDACTED], Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding an error that you have encountered where in the Credit Rewards for the Crew Skill, Slicing, yields credits that are lower than the amount needed to start the Gathering Mission. Rich and Bountiful missions are also yielding very low amount of credits as rewards. Thank you for bringing this matter into our concern and we understand that this issue can cause a great deal of frustration and/or confusion.
[snip]

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid [REDACTED]
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Customer Service
Wow, looks like they might fix this! The response I got (a week ago) was to the effect that everything was working as intended and that they couldn't help me with anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

PackmanR
04.19.2012 , 02:21 PM | #232
I'm feeling it as well. Ironically enough, I swapped underworld trading for cybertech just before 1.2 released, since I like to have a toon on each side for slicing and didn't have one atm. Did I know about this ninja nerf? NO. But as I returned to my trooper after having a mediocre experience on my other toons post 1.2, I realized something. I was losing credits on slicing missions. A LOT OF CREDITS.

Some of the feedback seems positive, so I can only hope that Bioware is trying to address the problem. Otherwise, leveling slicing is going to be a HUGE cash dump until the very end, in which you have to gamble on getting a crit or losing half of your investment. They can nerf crits; I don't care. I thought they were a little high anyway. But please, for God's sake, don't kill our returns on everything else.

Jerid
04.19.2012 , 03:46 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Mythbusting View Post
Its because abundant missions return green lockboxes on crits, and white otherwise. Rich missions return blue lockboxes on crits, but green otherwise. Because of this, a crit on an abundant mission is a slight loss, while a crit on a rich mission is a huge gain.
Thank you!

Ok THIS explains what I've been seeing!
I've done almost exclusively Moderate and Abundant missions.
For almost every mission, I'd get a lockbox with more (not always a lot, but at least some profit) credits in it then the mission cost to run, UNELSS I've critted.
At first I tought it was because they reduced the amount given on a crit because they expected you to make it up from selling off the schematic/Mission discovery, but Green Lockboxes being bugged makes much more sense.

Here's my logs since 2.1:
Spoiler

Eliandal
04.19.2012 , 10:06 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
Wow, looks like they might fix this! The response I got (a week ago) was to the effect that everything was working as intended and that they couldn't help me with anything.
Yeah, I got this response AGAIN. Except this time I asked if it was WAI - why were there no patch notes, no developer comments, no reponses to threads/tweets, etc. I was politely told (effectively) to shove off, and that I should take it up with BWAcommunity. I mean WTH are THEY going to do about it.

Oh well, I am going to continue tweeting SWTOR daily until I get some sort of response from them (I'm not going to harass the personal twitter accounts though)

medrosata
04.20.2012 , 12:17 AM | #235
I can understand the Devs wanting to reduce the yields from Rich and Bountiful missions, but I do wish they'd done that by toning down the profits from critical success, not making every non-crit a massive loss. And like I said before, what really rankles me is that they didn't even give us a warning like they did last time they (justifiably) nerfed Slicing.
How is it understandable? Slicing was not that profitable, and from what I am seeing in my bug report response, the change was intended to balance the crew skills. The logical conclusion then is that Bioware wants crew skills to be money losers. Thus, no use doing them.

medrosata
04.20.2012 , 12:42 AM | #236
I submitted a bug report today and got the 'working as intended' response. I will wait for more reliable data from Bioware, either in the form of a fix or a post/tweet about this.

DerekMiller
04.20.2012 , 12:37 PM | #237
ok i have news...
i had a chat with an in game CSR today and was told that "these changes to the green lock-boxes was completely un-intended as there was meant to be no change to them in patch 1.2."

this was a reply to a question i made re the green lock boxes being broken (yielding approx 60% less) in the missions you send your companions on, the quest reward ones AND the gathered boxes.

so it seems that if this is correct it may have been an un-intended consequence of the slicing changes so hopefully there will be a yellow post soon.

(id copy paste the convo as proof but you cant copy paste in game CSR convos )
** just realised i could have screen shotted it <-- massive sadface

StephenReid
04.20.2012 , 01:17 PM | #238
Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

Corlantis
04.20.2012 , 01:20 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

Thank you very much for letting us know. Given the past record of non-communication about slicing nerfs, this is a major step in the right direction. Even were it an intentional (but nonsensical) nerf, we would want to know about it.

Valaqil
04.20.2012 , 01:25 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

Agreed with the post above. Thanks for telling us. I've slowed down my slicing missions considerably because of this. It's nice to know that it's unintentional. I appreciate the response!
11-11-11 Never Forget!