Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck on loading screen

Indifron
12.17.2011 , 02:27 AM | #1
I'm stuck on the loading screen, it just keeps going on forever. Oddly enough, it doesn't get irresponsive, it will instantly shut down if I press ALT-F4. I just cannot get past it, and I've had three nerdlings try to figure it out, to no avail. I've tried mailing customer support, but haven't gotten an answer.

One odd exception to the rule, dunno if it helps, is that I've got no problems getting past the loading screen when it's downtime. This dould indicate that there's something network'y, but I wouldn't know why. Firewall's sorted, and ports are open.

Help me (your name here). You're my only hope.

Robby_K
12.17.2011 , 02:48 AM | #2
Saw that this has been an issue for several people and to my knowledge, it hasn't been fixed yet. So, while I cannot help, I hope you manage to get this fixed.

Indifron
12.17.2011 , 02:54 AM | #3
Thanks, but I wouldn't really know what to do. I've pretty much tried everything.

spudik
12.17.2011 , 02:56 AM | #4
Got same issue
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=36037

As of plenty of other ppl

IgelQott
12.17.2011 , 02:59 AM | #5

Indifron
12.17.2011 , 03:17 AM | #6
Think my problem is different. I haven't been able to get in at all. The farthest I've gotten was the server selection screen, but mostly, it will not even get that far. It will typically stop at the opening loading screen right after I enter from the launcher.

I want to play this game so bad. :S

IgelQott
12.17.2011 , 03:25 AM | #7
Havent gotten that far aswell, im always stuck on the initial loading screen, that is right after you press launch from the launcher.

Icabus
12.17.2011 , 03:34 AM | #8
If its the loading screen before the server selection screen I had a similar problem in beta.

In the end i found that if I logged in via the launcher, before pressing play I'd disconnect from the internet then press play. It would take me to a blank server selection screen at which point I would reconnect to the internet and after a few mins the server list would appear.
pew pew pew!

Xavith
12.17.2011 , 03:34 AM | #9
your problem might be something similar to this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=27653&page=2

I would suggest creating a new temporary windows user and try to launch your game, it seem to have worked for a few of us. Though that fix is indeed unsatisfactory, hopefully we'll get an official response to this issue.

Bob_Sponge
12.17.2011 , 03:49 AM | #10
Did not help me.

Created a new Admin account on Win7 x64 and the game is still stuck on the loading screen
with the yellow thingy turning on the bottom right.