Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"An error occurred updating?"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"An error occurred updating?"

Glorykills
12.17.2011 , 12:55 AM | #1
I've been able to play the game fine but after this new patch, it will not update properly. Is this something that a lot of people are getting or...?

Darthgwar
12.17.2011 , 12:59 AM | #2
what's the error you're getting? I get "Unable to retrieve patch data. Check Network Connection."
GAV DARAGON SERVER
J'ayc -- Jedi Guardian Nine -- Sniper Gwar -- Sith Juggernaut M'organ -- Gunslinger Hud'son -- Vanguard F'ilth -- Sith Assassin Mylaa -- Jedi Consular: . Bring back the orange pixel.

Glorykills
12.17.2011 , 01:02 AM | #3
I get nothing... It just states "An error occurred updating" Then gives me the option to repair. When I repair it acts like it does something and then it just gives me the same error.

Glorykills
12.17.2011 , 01:38 AM | #4
Oh and I've also done all the troubleshooting that was suggested in the sticky forums about this.

Darthgwar
12.17.2011 , 01:50 AM | #5
yea, now all I get is "the launcher is being updated, please wait." and it hangs. I checked the logs and the files it is trying to retreive have allready downloaded so I'm not sure what it's having a problem with.
GAV DARAGON SERVER
J'ayc -- Jedi Guardian Nine -- Sniper Gwar -- Sith Juggernaut M'organ -- Gunslinger Hud'son -- Vanguard F'ilth -- Sith Assassin Mylaa -- Jedi Consular: . Bring back the orange pixel.

Bruunch
12.17.2011 , 01:52 AM | #6
I got the same error after it downloaded client 17, I think that's what it's called, and I tried a repair to no avail.
A reboot of my computer however solved it for me though I'm sure you've tried that already

Darthgwar
12.17.2011 , 02:25 AM | #7
tried rebooting and still no luck. I'm getting the same error over and over in the logs, "unable to contact reliable source."
GAV DARAGON SERVER