Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seperate 8 and 16man operation lockouts?

Chimi
04.19.2012 , 01:46 PM | #11
Take them through the older Operations. New 50's shouldn't be able to step into the latest Operations and be able to perform.
--==MORS CERTA==--
Looking for highly skilled, progression oriented people for end game raiding.
Join Mors Certa

Kaonis
04.19.2012 , 02:10 PM | #12
I made a little bit of a different suggestion in the suggestion forums, but it's about the same general idea. Of changing lockouts to be for gear acquisition, but allowing people to still run multiple ops to help others who need them.

XavinNydek
04.19.2012 , 02:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
I made a little bit of a different suggestion in the suggestion forums, but it's about the same general idea. Of changing lockouts to be for gear acquisition, but allowing people to still run multiple ops to help others who need them.
That's part of the reason for the lockouts. If you could run them whenever you wanted without loot, you could pretty much gear out a fresh 50 who just tags along uselessly to a HM run with fully geared people. With the lockouts it makes people lean towards using them for runs that "matter" instead of gearing a guildie.

spootoo
04.19.2012 , 06:28 PM | #14
solution is simple

go in to hardmodes now with your main group (either 16 or split into 2 8's)

that will free up your story lockout and allow you to split up and help your fresh guildies learn the story fights.

if you've cleared story ev/kp especially 16 man (horribly overtuned imo) more than once with the same group then you are ready for hm.

Kaonis
04.19.2012 , 10:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by XavinNydek View Post
That's part of the reason for the lockouts. If you could run them whenever you wanted without loot, you could pretty much gear out a fresh 50 who just tags along uselessly to a HM run with fully geared people. With the lockouts it makes people lean towards using them for runs that "matter" instead of gearing a guildie.
And what's to prevent that now? If my guild took 7 fully geared rakata and dragged a n00b along we could gear them up. Your argument is thus rendered invalid because it could vary well happen now as is. The way things are now is terrible because it forces only some people to go, and others can't. I dunno how your guild does it, but we lack the people to run 2 groups now because we can't get everyone in in a week, so the ones who don't get in get frustrated and quit the game. Couple in with dying servers and matters get even worse.

Listen a game shouldn't be so punishing that people can't run endgame content for arbitrary reasons. Let people get their once a week gear, and let them help others afterwards waiving their right to gear. It's a good sensible, and mostly fair system that will let people experience content. No one should have to sit on their asses week after week because we lacked 1 healer for a second ops group because the only 2 active healers already did their raid.

xenofire
04.19.2012 , 10:21 PM | #16
Please do not separate the lockouts. I remember in WoW when the lockouts were separated and everyone is forced to do both 16 and 8 man in the same week to gear out. So frustrating. There would also be too much gear too quickly.

If you want to do both 8 and 16, level an alt.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM