Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

scootle
04.19.2012 , 09:23 PM | #111
So I'm still a little confused with things since 1.2.

Are we able to RE mods higher than Mk22 (e.g. Mk 23 or Mk 24 or Mk 25) to learn the schematics now?

I see no tooltips indicating any research is available when I mouse over mods that I cannot craft.

Thanks.
utinni!!!

Wodaz
04.19.2012 , 09:45 PM | #112
Cybertech nub here....so how is "Advanced Commando Armoring 25" learned???? Is it through RE'ing 22's or a drop??

Beef_Cake
04.20.2012 , 01:02 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Wodaz View Post
Cybertech nub here....so how is "Advanced Commando Armoring 25" learned???? Is it through RE'ing 22's or a drop??
Unfortunately, you can't learn anything past what you purchase from your skill trainer. However you can RE the Modification Mods from the Blackhole & Campaign Gear, but not the Armoring. Why this is, I have no freaking clue, Cybertech is full of fail imp. I have it and am very disappointed in the lackluster of what you can RE compared to many other professions.

Craftamancer
04.20.2012 , 05:08 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by scootle View Post
So I'm still a little confused with things since 1.2.

Are we able to RE mods higher than Mk22 (e.g. Mk 23 or Mk 24 or Mk 25) to learn the schematics now?

I see no tooltips indicating any research is available when I mouse over mods that I cannot craft.

Thanks.
If it doesn't say "X percent chance to Reverse Engineer" then you can't learn a schematic from it.

Also, for the player who was asking about the Advanced Commando Armoring 25, that is a Rakata equivalent armoring, and can be dropped by SOA or Karagga on hardmode or nightmare. If it doesn't have the tooltip I mentioned above when you hover the reverse engineering hammer over it, then Cybertechs cannot learn the schematic to craft it.

scootle
04.20.2012 , 06:55 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
If it doesn't say "X percent chance to Reverse Engineer" then you can't learn a schematic from it.

Also, for the player who was asking about the Advanced Commando Armoring 25, that is a Rakata equivalent armoring, and can be dropped by SOA or Karagga on hardmode or nightmare. If it doesn't have the tooltip I mentioned above when you hover the reverse engineering hammer over it, then Cybertechs cannot learn the schematic to craft it.
So this basically says, there were no new cybertech mod schems added (other than maybe the top level campaign gear)... i'm not seeing any tooltips on mods that I was not able to manufacture prior to 1.2.

Very disappointing.... that means still no tanking mods for us to craft.
utinni!!!

Aphraell
04.20.2012 , 07:55 PM | #116
Picked up Potent Mod 24 Schematic off GTN yesterday.

So looks like new schematics are available "somewhere". Assuming new Operation.
Tried to whisper the guy selling - offline.

Tuhalu
04.20.2012 , 08:19 PM | #117
As far as I can tell, Enriched Durasteel has nothing to do with Cybertech in 1.2.

It is used by ArmsTech to make an item for fighting the Nightmare Pilgrim.

Xtrema
06.05.2012 , 02:30 PM | #118
fellow cybertechers - with the announcement of new companion HK-51, our droid parts might finally have some value in 1.3! In the interest of preparing for a potential demand, what stats do you think will be most valuable? In other words what will you be trying to RE the next couple weeks (or if you've already RE'd), any thoughts?
Vegeta - Nadd's Sarcophagus

parmie
06.06.2012 , 05:52 AM | #119
I would say the customised droid parts as they can be augmented and especially for troopers, spare upgrades from the daily group missions can be slotted in.

The_Duck
06.08.2012 , 03:13 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Beef_Cake View Post
Unfortunately, you can't learn anything past what you purchase from your skill trainer. However you can RE the Modification Mods from the Blackhole & Campaign Gear, but not the Armoring. Why this is, I have no freaking clue, Cybertech is full of fail imp. I have it and am very disappointed in the lackluster of what you can RE compared to many other professions.
armor mod schematics and mod schematics drop off of random trash mobs in EV and KP normal mode.
actually had one drop for me the other day when we decided to goof off with an alt raid in EV.

link to keen mod 24:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...een_mod_24.jpg
- The Duck