Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Farming "The Unusual Egg"

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hyfy
04.18.2012 , 05:40 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Denskoo View Post
It's an mmorpg. In my opinion, not everything should be equally obtainable.
Should not everything be obtainable though because certain people will use unscrupulous tactics and continue to take it over and over again? Or should it not be unattainable to everybody because it takes sheer luck or a skill to obtain? Which is the distinction that is trying to be made here.

Of course some ignorant people will read that or other similar sentiments and say "So you feel entitled to it then?" on short no I/we don't. We just think that using aforementioned tactics should be stopped so everyone actually has a chance if they so choose.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

amnie
04.18.2012 , 05:45 AM | #52
it's moments like these I'm glad i'm on a PVP server.. (well apart from that I got the egg about an hour after the servers came back online after 1.2 was implemented.... when nobody knew about it)

I'm not entirely sure the egg 'needs' to be bop. I mean, the area you need to go to is not exactly reachable for low lvl chars and I'd like to get it for my alts eventually. they should make it bol, if anything...

they won't farm the egg forever. either people will somehow manage to get the egg before them, or people will stop buying it. (so in short blame the people on your server who pay them!)

Nexdine
04.18.2012 , 06:51 AM | #53
Many of the core concepts in this game and society in general are sick. The emphasis on owning stuff is pretty warped and as you can see it fosters seriously bad behavior - in game and in the world.

That said, it should be one egg per character. They did it with crons, why not the egg?

Dawginole
04.18.2012 , 10:44 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by snakeyees View Post
it was not like it was a game breaking item for god sake its a bird.

hahahahahahahaha!
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

JPRodian
04.19.2012 , 06:37 PM | #55
After having a frustrating time trying to get the egg since the launch of 1.2, I strongly believe that Bioware needs to make the unusual egg, Bind on Pickup. For starters, the egg isn't even rare. It spawns every few hours. It isn't like some of the pets in WoW prior to Cataclysm where you had to kill mobs aimlessly because a pet had like a 0.1% chance to drop. The egg always appears in the nest and someone always gets it.

The main reason why I'd like the egg to be Bind on Pickup is because there's someone on my server who plays for 16+ hours a day and is constantly at the nest getting the egg. This player has even admitted to some kind of special way of obtaining the egg all the time. I'm not going to get into the deeper particulars of the matter as I don't want to publicly single out an individual or a guild.. but it's just really atrocious because nobody else on our server is getting a chance at the egg.

Please Bioware, make the egg Bind on Pickup so that the farming can stop.

Snakeyees
04.19.2012 , 07:34 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by JPRodian View Post
After having a frustrating time trying to get the egg since the launch of 1.2, I strongly believe that Bioware needs to make the unusual egg, Bind on Pickup. For starters, the egg isn't even rare. It spawns every few hours. It isn't like some of the pets in WoW prior to Cataclysm where you had to kill mobs aimlessly because a pet had like a 0.1% chance to drop. The egg always appears in the nest and someone always gets it.

The main reason why I'd like the egg to be Bind on Pickup is because there's someone on my server who plays for 16+ hours a day and is constantly at the nest getting the egg. This player has even admitted to some kind of special way of obtaining the egg all the time. I'm not going to get into the deeper particulars of the matter as I don't want to publicly single out an individual or a guild.. but it's just really atrocious because nobody else on our server is getting a chance at the egg.

Please Bioware, make the egg Bind on Pickup so that the farming can stop.
while you at it why don't you tell bioware to remove the 5 mil credit restriction on the GTN on the ship. I am selling the eggs, so i can afford something i want. I am sick of doing daily's and yet i need to raise 5 mil credits to buy this Item that i should not have to buy. either buy the egg, deal with it, or don't get it. but complaining cause somebody beat you to is ridiculous.
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.

GeorgZoeller
04.19.2012 , 07:42 PM | #57 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey,

There are more than two egg spawns on Alderaan. From what I can gather so far, the community has not found all of them yet.

cyanidematt
04.19.2012 , 08:10 PM | #58
All I know is we have one guy on our server who has obtained at least a dozen eggs so far, he's been to dozens of the spawns (usually showing up 3 min before), I don't know if he lives next to the server or has some kind of turbo mouse but he is able to click it instantly and usually has us by fractions of a second. He says straight out that he will not stop trying for the eggs and says he doesn't care what anyone else on the server thinks. Dozens of people have ticketed him for harassment and straight out ignore anyone from his guild. So far the egg has spawned 3 times today (referring to the bridge one) he has obtained all three. He has been doing this since the 13th. I only have mine because I picked it up in one of the first few spawns. He also constantly lies about things and demands that people go through him and his guild to get access to the eggs. As long as he is there people with high latency will be out of luck getting that egg. There is nothing equal about a lag-dependent click fest.

At any rate I would be happy if two things happened. These become BoP and unique and his account gets perma-banned from the game. I will be content with just the former.
Proud member of
The Corellian League
"No Matter The Odds!"

Darthbobs
04.19.2012 , 08:14 PM | #59
Make the egg Bound to legacy on pickup
Problem Solved

Lord_Epping
04.19.2012 , 11:30 PM | #60
Yeah, getting peeved at this right now. I just want the pet, not to farm it. But this one particular dude keep snagging it at the last millisecond before I do, and it is the same guy who logs on minutes before it appears. Happened 3 times already. Probably has an autohotkey script too.

I'm going to stay up until 4am to see if I can catch it while he's asleep (hopefully). If he/she is, I'll see if I can appeal.