Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RolePlay Freedom

Listerman
04.19.2012 , 07:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
I don't know about you, but I bought this to be a game. If I want a world, I can go outside.
That's a sensible way of going about it. I enjoy role playing as much as the next fella, but at the end of the day, I would prefer that SWTOR remain a game that is fun to play with reasonable Role Playing functionality, than Second Life with Lightsabers.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

CosmicKat
04.19.2012 , 06:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
We're barely two patches into the game. I doubt SWG had everything that made it cool released at launch. If you're expecting everything to be perfect, you'll be wearing a sad face your entire time on here.

More and less makes the game far better than the devs could.
From what people here say about SWG it must have gotten a lot better.

At the start it was awful. PvE content was 1 mission to go kill X number of monsters that spawned from a nest. That was it. From start to finish. Worlds were vast wastelands of nothing filled with buildings owned by people who didnt play any more. PvP was a broken mess where most duels lasted less than 5 seconds because every week there was a new "instant kill" power. The only reason to play it was to RP.

The point being, TOR at launch was vastly superior to where SWG was 1 year in.