Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Social X

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RobNightfall
04.19.2012 , 04:00 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Social points are a joke anyway. I assume they're intended as a reward for playing with others and engaging in roleplaying through conversations, but in practice they promote repeated speedruns through esseles normal with spacebaring through conversations since no other flashpoint gives a decent amount of social points.
This.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

DavidWhite
04.19.2012 , 04:09 PM | #212 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone, we had recently discovered an issue that allowed these items to be used in ways detrimental to other player's gameplay and have taken the temporary step of removing them from availability. We are in process of determining further steps and will likely alter their functionality before putting them back in or replace them with a different but still cool reward. In the meantime, their value has been changed so that they can be sold back to the vendor at no loss. We apologize for any confusion.
David White
Systems Designer

Ancen
04.19.2012 , 04:16 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Nukenin View Post
Hitting space bar during a conversation should void social point gain for the next dialogue choice (and apply some penalty to the dialogue roll, as well).

Yes, I'm that guy who will sit and watch the conversations on Esseles/Black Talon in full on his 537th run through.
That's silly, why punish people who don't enjoy playing *your* way (which most would agree is pretty oddball, watching the cinematics a millionth time and forcing other members to wait in a multiplayer situation)?

Jenemi
04.19.2012 , 04:33 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidWhite View Post
Hi everyone, we had recently discovered an issue that allowed these items to be used in ways detrimental to other player's gameplay and have taken the temporary step of removing them from availability. We are in process of determining further steps and will likely alter their functionality before putting them back in or replace them with a different but still cool reward. In the meantime, their value has been changed so that they can be sold back to the vendor at no loss. We apologize for any confusion.
Couldn't they just not be useable when flagged or in PVP areas? That would probably fix the main issue... Or just not automatically make people dance.

I had gotten them the day before 1.2 so it was incredibly depressing to pop on for this and I loved the Galactic Party Bomb it was like a partying vanity pet
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
€ịịмąяїℓεαịị°♥ऄ██████████████████)

Coldin
04.19.2012 , 04:48 PM | #215
I don't get it. All they did was make you dance while in the area, and you could easily break the effect by moving. LOTRO has even worse items, where you can make people stop moving for a second as you slap them down, or make them cower or cheer.

Unless there was something more heinous behind the party bomb, I kindly request you put it back in place, and let people just deal with their characters dancing.

Rutrict
04.19.2012 , 04:49 PM | #216
You could have programmed in a button under Social that would make your character immune to the effects. I went to a Video Game Design school, this isn't something astronomical in terms of doing.

You response is appreciated.
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

Melva
04.19.2012 , 04:51 PM | #217
Being forced to dance when all I want to do is visit the bank is detrimental to my gameplay. Feel free to keep these things nonfunctional and/or unavailable.

Rutrict
04.19.2012 , 04:52 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Melva View Post
Being forced to dance when all I want to do is visit the bank is detrimental to my gameplay. Feel free to keep these things nonfunctional and/or unavailable.
Yes, because it stopped you from going into your bank, or doing anything. You're posting on forums is detrimental to my gameplay, I want the Devs to ban you. See how that works? Instead I can just ignore you and we both continue to play. The same feature could be implemented in the game so both of us are happy. Instead you want the game to adhere to just YOU.
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

Mephane
04.19.2012 , 05:02 PM | #219
Then have a quick look at WoW, because there is an item similar to the party bomb, however it does not force people to dance, but allow people to click it which then starts the dance. Or remove the autodance just entirely (people can always use one of the dance-emotes anyway).
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Atom
04.19.2012 , 05:20 PM | #220
Thanks for the update on what was going on with it. Sadly without items like these at Social 10 there is not much reason to aggressively pursue leveling social levels. Hopefully it comes back sooner rather than later.
The Stargázer Legacy of Jedi Covenant - Diamond Club

The Cantina Band A Star Wars The Old Republic Netcast