Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscription issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fanmeister
04.19.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1
If your thinking of cancelling your subscription be aware that you will lose any remaining game time.

I paid a 90 day subscription yesterday 18/04/2012, however for a variety of reasons i decided I would cancel the renewal and play out the 89days I have left.
As soon as I cancelled the renewal, even though it said on my account I had 89days remaining, and even though the cancel process includes wording to say you may cancel and play out any remaining time, I was unable to access the servers, and I was unable to post on the forums. (My Account was immediately inactive)
After trying to find a solution and raising a customer services ticket I decided I may as well renew my subs on a monthly basis, as again the wording stated I wouldn't be charged until my remaining game time had expired..

An immediate £8.99 charge later, I have 30 days game time and have lost my remaining 89 days. As I see it, my 90 day payment has been wiped out and in effect stolen.

I can't understand how they can have got 'Everything' so wrong with the customer servicces in this game. I'm now going to look into my legal recourse to recover my losses, and then hopefully forget this game ever existed

Ratae
04.19.2012 , 02:53 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hello Fanmeister,

Unfortunately, this isn’t something we can help with on the Forums.

To discuss financial and subscription issues, could I please suggest you call our Accounts & Billing Customer Service team now, they will be able to help resolve the problem with your remaining days play. You can use the free-phone telephone numbers listed below:

• USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)
• UK, Germany, France: 00800 0246 9273 (008000 BIOWARE)
•(Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 BIOWARE)

Please note: Calls made from landlines are toll-free, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to charges from your provider.

Thank you for your help.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DarthZade
04.19.2012 , 03:00 PM | #3
I'm having almost the same issue.

I cancelled my subscription two days before it renewed my game time. It decided to charge me anyways, got a message saying from the bank that this service charged me. So I decided to let it go until next month and it better not charge again. I tried to get on the game, wait until the patch is done and it told me my subscription was "Inactive". I went on the website onto Account management and it said I have 29 Days remaining of game time, but my subscription statue was "Inactive"..

I tried to get on the forums and tried to post, then it gave me an error saying "I do not have permission to access this page". So I had to renew my subscription to access the forums...

Scerion
04.19.2012 , 03:12 PM | #4
I have never understood the logic of paying a subscription several months in advance without a serious financial incentive. You may decide you have a game a week later. You may go on holiday, or get another hobby. Why not just pay the minimum and leave the money in the bank making some interest?

ScrollTroll
04.19.2012 , 03:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Fanmeister View Post
If your thinking of cancelling your subscription be aware that you will lose any remaining game time.

I paid a 90 day subscription yesterday 18/04/2012, however for a variety of reasons i decided I would cancel the renewal and play out the 89days I have left.
As soon as I cancelled the renewal, even though it said on my account I had 89days remaining, and even though the cancel process includes wording to say you may cancel and play out any remaining time, I was unable to access the servers, and I was unable to post on the forums. (My Account was immediately inactive)
After trying to find a solution and raising a customer services ticket I decided I may as well renew my subs on a monthly basis, as again the wording stated I wouldn't be charged until my remaining game time had expired..

An immediate £8.99 charge later, I have 30 days game time and have lost my remaining 89 days. As I see it, my 90 day payment has been wiped out and in effect stolen.

I can't understand how they can have got 'Everything' so wrong with the customer servicces in this game. I'm now going to look into my legal recourse to recover my losses, and then hopefully forget this game ever existed
That is a highly unethical business practice you have described and I would go to BBB.org and go to the Austin branch to file a claim. For the comment below why pay for an extra month when you can save unless you live paycheck to paycheck.

Ratae
04.19.2012 , 03:26 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hello DarthZade,

Could I ask you also to contact our Accounts & Billing support on the numbers I gave above to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your cooperation.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support