Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enrage timers just too tight on SM EC

AOD_rywo
04.19.2012 , 11:38 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
The best thing for the long term raiding population is to strongly encourage raiders to form guilds and create bond with other players. I can't imagine someone playing this game for years simply by PuGing raid content. what better way is there to draw people into joining guilds then to create a challenge that PuG's just can't cross?

We have and always will have successful PuG groups doing raids but there is no reason that this is necessary for all content. That would only encourage people to try the new content and just end it there.

The one point I think you're missing as this is supposed to be considered the beginning of tier 2 of operations. There is no way fresh 50s with greens should be able to even kill trash in here. Think of it this way...

Story EV+KP
|
Hard EV+KP == Story EC
|
NM EV+KP == Hard EC

Regardless of it being considered story mode, you still need to progress to clear content. Otherwise BW would just be releasing all Tier 1 stuff with equal difficulties.
MMO gaming since 1994.

Codek
04.19.2012 , 11:49 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AOD_rywo View Post
The one point I think you're missing as this is supposed to be considered the beginning of tier 2 of operations. There is no way fresh 50s with greens should be able to even kill trash in here. Think of it this way...

Story EV+KP
|
Hard EV+KP == Story EC
|
NM EV+KP == Hard EC

Regardless of it being considered story mode, you still need to progress to clear content. Otherwise BW would just be releasing all Tier 1 stuff with equal difficulties.
I'm confused as to why you quoted me. that's the point I'm trying to make without the dangerous comparison between HM EV/KP and sM EC.
~Codek

hawkeyesfan
04.19.2012 , 12:35 PM | #43
Why even have enrage timers on Story Mode? We're not talking min/maxers trying to trivialize the content. We're talking casual people who don't want to sweat out a 5 min timer. Gotta use WoW here. Yeah a lot if not most WoW bosses had enrage timers but they were extremely forgiving. (Can't speak for Cataclysm quit after Wrath) Basically if you could keep alive long enough to down a boss you wouldn't normally run up against timers. Enrage timers seem like lazy design. Like every boss is a dps check. Boring. HM Ops ok fine yeah you need solid dps and you should they are called Hardmodes. But I still think they could find better and more interesting designs to incorporate than...ok we have the boss fight design down, now we just need to add an enrage timer because we can't come up with any better ideas.

Ruuprect
04.19.2012 , 12:42 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by hawkeyesfan View Post
Why even have enrage timers on Story Mode? We're not talking min/maxers trying to trivialize the content. We're talking casual people who don't want to sweat out a 5 min timer. Gotta use WoW here. Yeah a lot if not most WoW bosses had enrage timers but they were extremely forgiving. (Can't speak for Cataclysm quit after Wrath) Basically if you could keep alive long enough to down a boss you wouldn't normally run up against timers. Enrage timers seem like lazy design. Like every boss is a dps check. Boring. HM Ops ok fine yeah you need solid dps and you should they are called Hardmodes. But I still think they could find better and more interesting designs to incorporate than...ok we have the boss fight design down, now we just need to add an enrage timer because we can't come up with any better ideas.
Enrage timers are lazy. They should just come up with more complicated mechanics and personal responsibility checks instead of an enrage timer.

The problem with that is PuGs cant handle super complicated mechanics and they would cry that it is too hard. So they go the easy route with semi simple mechanics and enrage timers.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant